- The guide details the route between the reception and the Chapel by going through the Library. The distance of the route is approximately 140M.
- Related link Library.
- Related link Chapel.
- Step free access to the Chapel is only available by taking the Library Building's main lift to Floor C1.
- The key for the lift is held at the Library main reception.
Turn left and continue for 55m and walk down the cloistered area
- The surface of the cloistered area is level block paving.
- There is a slight downhill gradient next to the entrance to G07, followed by a larger easy ramp (photograph 2).
- Continue until you encounter a steep ramp. Up until this point the surface is level block paving (photograph 3).
- The ramp will need to be overcome to leave the cloistered area step free (photograph 4).
Head around the courtyard and continue for 45m over the block paving
- Turn left upon exiting the ramp for approximately 5m.
- The surface of the pavement is uneven block paving.
- Then turn right and head past the chapel's main entrance steps until you arrive in front of the library and the theatre.
- The journey distance is approximately 40m.
- On the way you will encounter a slightly raised area directly in front of the chapel steps and have to overcome an easy slope upwards and then downwards (photograph 3).
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located off the Piazza.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The door(s) is / are permanently held open.
- The width of the door opening is 175cm (5ft 9in).
- There is a ramp/slope at this entrance.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope gradient is easy.
- The ramp is permanent.
- There are barriers immediately beyond the entrance with a width of 138cm.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located to the right on entrance.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G and 1.
- Wall mounted information boards are not provided at lift landings.
- The lift is approximately 10m (10yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Staff do need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 90cm x 140cm (2ft 11in x 4ft 7in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The lift does have a hearing loop system.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
- A key needs to be acquired from reception to use the lift.
- The lift can also be entered externally (photograph 3). This is designated as floor CG.
- The lift is used to provide step free access to the chapel.
- This is designated as floor C1.
- This leads to a ramp that leads to the chapel entrance on the ground floor of the chapel.
Leave the lift lobby, turn right and continue for 20m until you reach the Chapel Entrance
- Leave the lift lobby via the door to your right on exiting the lift.
- The door is heavy, opens away from you and has a width of 84cm (photograph 1).
- Leave the lift lobby and follow the block paved path to your right all the way to the Chapel (photograph 2).
- Just before you reach the chapel you will encounter an easy ramp (photograph 3).
- Upon reaching the top of the ramp the Chapel entrance will be located to the right.