- Services / facilities within the building include cafe.
- Services / facilities within the grounds include accessible and standard toilets.
- Related link Anne Hathaway's Cottage.
- The cafe is across the road in a separate building to Anne Hathaway's Cottage.
- Inspired by Shakespeare and Tudor dishes.
- The house inspires Tudor and Victorian dishes in our café, recipes of which are taken from the Victorian recipe book in our archives collection, and the chef puts his own twist to some of these dishes.
- We use our own organic rare breeds all produced at Mary Arden’s Farm. .
- The Berkshires, Oxford and Sandy & Black are Tudor breeds of pork; the Portland, Cotswold and Norfolk Horns make up our organic lamb; the Longhorns, Gloucester and Hereford our organic beef. .
- We also aim to use as much free range and organic produce as possible.
- Fruit from the orchard at the farm and herbs grown here in the garden are used, where possible, to enhance your chosen dish of the day.
- The information in this section was taken in April 2021.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- The cafe is open 09:00-17:00 April to October and 10:00 -16:00 November to March.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Stratford-upon-Avon.
- Stratford-upon-Avon rail station is approximately 1.4 miles away.
Parking (Blue Badge Holders)
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located to the side of Anne Hathaway's Cottage entrance.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 2 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 300cm x 600cm (9ft 10in x 19ft 8in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 65m (71yd 3in) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 78m (85yd 11in) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- There is a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The road is generally quiet.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There is a public car park located in Cottage Lane for all other visitors which also has Blue Badge bays.
- The car park is over 150m from the main entrance.
- Parking charges for non Blue Badge users is £3 per visit.
Route from Anne Hathaway's Cottage
- There is a road to cross from Anne Hathaway's Cottage to the cafe .
- The road is generally quiet.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the venue.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is/are double width but one door is locked.
- The door(s) may be difficult to open.
- The width of the door opening is 90cm.
- The ramp/slope is located on the path leading to the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is a shallow cleary marked step leading from the cafe area to additional seating in the conservatory at the side of the venue.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the café.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 1m (3ft 3in) from the main entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 71cm (2ft 4in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 70cm (2ft 4in).
- The standard height for tables is 71cm.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are not available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is not available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Menus are hand held and wall.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is hot and cold meals and snacks.
- There is an outside seating area to the side of the venue.
- This can be accessed by the pathway leading to the main entrance or from inside the conservatory area.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 24m (26yd 9in) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located outside, in the toilet block at the rear of the venue.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is not a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from a member of staff.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 88cm (2ft 11in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 141cm x 214cm (4ft 8in x 7ft).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 76cm (2ft 6in).
- There is no dropdown rail.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is twist/turn.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not an emergency alarm.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are sanitary, waste paper pedal bin and clinical waste disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on the right.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is poor.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 89cm (2ft 11in).
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located outside, in the toilet block at the rear of the venue.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 23m (25yd 6in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Level Change (Standard Toilets)
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located in the doorway of the female and male toilets.
- There is/are 1 step(s) to the area/service.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are shallow (2cm - 10cm).
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the step(s).
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.