- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Southwold.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Southwold.
Opening Times (Easter - October)
- Monday 10:30 - 13:00.
- Monday 14:00 - 16:30.
- Tuesday 10:30 - 13:00.
- Tuesday 14:00 - 16:30.
- Wednesday 10:30 - 13:00.
- Wednesday 14:00 - 16:30.
- Thursday 10:30 - 13:00.
- Thursday 14:00 - 16:30.
- Friday 10:30 - 13:00.
- Friday 14:00 - 16:30.
- Saturday 10:30 - 16:30.
- Sunday 10:30 - 16:30.
- The museum is closed from 1pm - 2pm Monday - Friday for lunch.
- The museum is closed from October - March.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is Ferry Road.
- The car park is located next to the museum.
On Street Blue Badge Parking
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
On Street Standard Parking
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are available.
- The dimensions of the standard marked parking bays are 230cm x 900cm (7ft 7in x 29ft 6in).
- Standard marked parking bays are located on Ferry Road.
- Parking on the road is limited to 30 mins.
- All parking in the area is under construction.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the venue.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The doors are double width.
- The doors are permanently held open.
- The door opening is 95cm (3ft 1in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the main entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is portable.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- Please contact reception.
- The width of the ramp or slope is 75cm (2ft 6in).
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- The steps are located directly in front of the entrance.
- There is / are 1 step(s) to the area / service.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do not have handrails.
- The ramp overcomes the step.
- There is not level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- Exhibits cannot be audio described.
- Tactile signage for exhibits is not available.
- Braille signage for exhibits is not available.
- The availability of Braille signage does not depend on exhibition.
- The availability of touch tours does not depend on exhibition.
- There is a wheelchair to borrow.
- To borrow the wheelchair, you must ask at reception. There is only one available.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.