- Knettishall Heath Country Park offers acres of heathland, woodland and the river Little Ouse.
- There are 4 routes around the heath.
- The Riverside Trail is a very pleasant.
- stroll alongside the Little Ouse River.
- (watch out for kingfishers!) and through.
- a small wood beside riverside meadows.
- The trail starts near the main car park,.
- just beside the toilet block and follows.
- a clearly signed, firm path.
- There are benches along the route and no gates.
- Although less suited to wheelchair.
- users, due to more undulating natural.
- surface paths and exposed tree roots,.
- the Red (1.5 miles) or Green.
- (2.5 miles) Heathland Trails are.
- great to explore.
- The gentle climb to Hut Hill is well worth.
- the effort and the views further along these trails over open heathland are quite beautiful, especially in late August, when the landscape is in Purple bloom.
- The Woodland Trail (2.5 miles) offers a very different experience to open heathland, as you meander your way past trees.
- The route begins easily and is worth exploring as a linear route.
- Further on, the path narrows as it passes between trees and there are some steep sections if you complete the full circuit.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Thetford.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located in front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 0 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is loose chippings.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There is a £1 charge for the car park.
- There is a free car park at the rear of the riverside trail.
- The riverside trail follows a clearly signed path along the river and though a small wood beside Riverside Meadows.
- The trail starts beside the toilet block and goes in loop and brings you back to the car park.
- There is wooden seating available along the trail.
- The surface of the paths around the trail is compact gravel with a width of 110cm.
- There some easy slopes along the trail.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 62m (67yd 2ft) from the car park.
- The accessible toilet is located within a toilet block off the car park.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 75cm (2ft 6in).
- The door weight is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 155cm x 230cm (5ft 1in x 7ft 7in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is not a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is push.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not an emergency alarm in the cubicle.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is not a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on the left.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are not mirrors.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 47cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The hand dryer is 115cm (3ft 9in) high.
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a sink.
- The sink cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located within a toilet block off the car park.
- The female and male toilets are 62m (67yd 2ft) from the car park.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.