- Services / facilities within the building include offices, a woodwork shop and a canteen.
- Services / facilities within the grounds include a garden area.
- Related link Genisis Orwell Mencap Suffolk - Craftwork Building.
- Monday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Ipswich.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Derby Road.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is at the side of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There are 0 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The intercom is in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are light.
- The door opening is 88cm (2ft 11in) wide.
Second set of doors
- There is a small raised threshold in the doorway.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located directly in front and beyond the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The width of the ramp or slope is 89cm (2ft 11in).
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are varied.
Eating and Drinking (Canteen)
- The following information is for the cafe.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is 1m (3ft 3in) from the canteen entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 71cm (2ft 4in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 71cm (2ft 4in).
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic cups are available.
- Plastic cutlery is not available.
- Drinking straws are available on request.
- The type of food served here is hot and cold meals and snacks.
- Monday 08:00 - 15:00.
- Tuesday 08:00 - 15:00.
- Wednesday 08:00 - 15:00.
- Thursday 08:00 - 15:00.
- Friday 08:00 - 15:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 4m (4yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located on the right as you enter.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 78cm (2ft 7in).
- The door weight is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 185cm x 210cm (6ft 1in x 6ft 11in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 75cm (2ft 6in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is not a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- There is not a functional emergency alarm available.
- It is out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor).
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are not available.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are mirrors.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 41cm (1ft 4in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The towel dispenser is 140cm (4ft 7in) high.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a sink.
- The sink cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the sink is 79cm (2ft 7in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is fair.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are not located within the venue.
- There is an overhead hoist within this facility.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located off the main corridor near the canteen.
- The female and male toilets are 10m (10yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilet.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents are available in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is generally on duty.
- Staff are trained to BSL level (unknown at time of research).
- Home visits / services are available.