- Related link Lackford Lackes Visitors Centre.
- There are 2 walks around the lakes.
- The Kingfisher Easy Access Trail is an easy route that leads from the visitors centre around the hub of the reserve and is approximately 1mile / 1.5km. .
- The walk takes in 4 bird hides with acessible lower viewing windows.
- The Easy Going Trail is 0.7miles / 1km each way.
- More undulating paths, the furthest of which can get quite muddy in bad weather, lead over a narrow bridge to the far end of the reserve.
- This is also equipped with accessible hides but the route is less suitable for wheelchair users due to the narrow bridge.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Bury St Edmunds.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 2 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 380cm x 520cm (12ft 6in x 17ft 1in).
- The nearest designated bay is 4m (4yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 4m (4yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
- The car park surface is block paving.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Kingfisher Trail - Easy Access Trail
- The Kingfisher Trail - Easy Access Trail is a looped walk around the lakes.
- The Kingfisher Trail starts at the visitors centre going between 2 posts with a opening width of 125cm.
- The trail then continues along a wide path around the lakes with sound spots signage explaining the different birds to listen for and an information board explaining the lakes.
- It then it takes you back to the visitors centre.
- Along the trail there is wooden seating available.
- The paths have a surface of compact gravel and a width of 130cm.
- There are some easy slopes along the route.
- Along the trail there are 3 bird hides< with a 4th added during the winter months
- The bird hides have a easy ramp access and a door with a opening width of 86cm.
- Inside the hides there are accessible viewing windows for wheelchair users.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 3m (3yd 10in) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located to the left as you enter.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- The door weight is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 195cm x 165cm (6ft 5in x 5ft 5in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is not a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not an emergency alarm in the cubicle.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a coat hook.
- The coat hook is not within 120cm (3ft 11in) from floor level.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are mirrors.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 46cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a sink.
- The sink cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 86cm (2ft 10in).
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The unisex toilets are located to the left as you enter.
- Unisex toilets are 10m (10yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the unisex toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.