- Services / facilities within the building include international student teaching rooms.
- Barnes Building is located to the rear of the campus.
- Monday 08:00 - 21:00.
- Tuesday 08:00 - 21:00.
- Wednesday 08:00 - 21:00.
- Thursday 08:00 - 21:00.
- Friday 08:00 - 18:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- Opening times may vary.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Sunderland.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest National Rail station is Sunderland.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest underground station is University.
Site/Campus Car Park (Bede Campus Site/Campus Car Park)
- The car park is located at the rear right of the Campus.
- The nearest building(s) to this car park is/are Bede and Barnes Buildings.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- Designated Blue Badge parking bays are available.
- The Blue Badge bay(s) is/are clearly marked.
- There is/are 6 designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) within this car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 227cm x 475cm (7ft 5in x 15ft 7in).
- The dimensions of the designated bays do not vary in size.
Charges and Restrictions
- This car park can be used by staff, students, visitors and Blue Badge holders.
- There are no parking charges that apply on the day.
Drop Off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point in this car park.
Car Park Access
- There is ramped/sloped or stepped access to the car park from the Bede and Barnes Buildings.
- This car park is not clearly signposted from the Bede and Barnes Buildings.
- The nearest designated bay is 100m (109yd 1ft) from the Bede Building Main Entrance.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front left of the building.
- There is stepped access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are double (with one leaf locked).
- The door(s) may be difficult to open.
- The width of the door opening is 71cm (2ft 4in).
- There is a / are step(s) at this entrance.
- The step(s) is / are located in front of the entrance.
- There is / are 1 step(s) to access the entrance.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the step(s).
- The step(s) is / are clearly marked.
- The step(s) is / are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do not have handrails.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are moderate to good.
- Motorised scooters are not allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are LG, G and 1.
- The stairs are located ahead as you enter.
- The stairs are approximately 1m from the main entrance.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- There are manual, single doors which may be difficult to open to access the stairwell on all floors.
- The lighting levels are good.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The area(s)/service(s) on the floors which are not accessible is/are teaching rooms and standard toilets.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) available.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located within the Bede main building.
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
- The female and male toilets are located on the basement level, in the main corridor.
- There is stepped access to the toilet(s).
- The standard toilet(s) is/are approximately 10m from the main entrance.
- The colour contrast between the external toilet door(s) and wall(s) is fair.
- There is written text signage on or near the toilet door.
- An ambulant toilet cubicle is not available.
- The height of the wash basin(s) is 83cm.
- The wash basin(s) tap type is twist/turn.
- Lighting levels are moderate to good.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is normally on duty.
- Staff are trained to BSL level 3.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.
- Home visits / services are not available.