- The information in this section was taken in June 2021.
- There is a traffic light system in place at the entrance/exit.
- There is a colleague available at the entrance.
- There is hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- The hand sanitisers are free standing.
- The height of the hand sanitiser is 116cm.
- Hand sanitisers are not available inside the venue.
- There is a limited number of customers allowed inside.
- There is not a one-way system throughout.
- There is clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- There are protective clear screens located at checkouts/counters.
- Toilets are not available.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- In this store these services are available; National/Health Lottery and Costa Coffee Express.
- Please click here for the opening times and more specific information on the services available within the store (new tab).
- The store does not have its own parking facilities.
- The pedestrian entrance to Britannia Bristol Harbourside multi-storey car park is located opposite the store (42 metres away).
- For more information onhttps://www.britannia-parking.co.uk/where-to-park/Bristol-Harbourside please click here (opens new tab).
- There is not a bus stop within 150 metres of the store entrance.
- The nearest bus stop is approximately 200 metres away on Anchor Road.
The bus stop has direct links to Weston-Super-Mare, Portway Park & Ride, Portishead, Clevedon, Plymouth and Nailsea.
- For more information on Stagecoach buses please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest train station is Bristol Temple Meads.
- Bristol Temple Meads Station is approximately 1 mile away from the store (20 minute walk).
The station has direct links to London Paddington, Cardiff Central, Taunton and Weymouth.
The station has cross country links to Plymouth, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
- For more information on journey times please click here (opens new tab).
- For more information on Bristol Temple Meads Station please click here (opens new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- There is a colleague available for help and assistance.
- For help and assistance please go to the checkouts or approach a colleague around the store.
- This store is part of the Sunflower Lanyard Scheme.
- The Sunflower Lanyard Scheme helps people with hidden disabilities which aren’t always obvious – such as autism, dementia and visual or hearing impairments.
- There is not a colleague trained in British Sign Language.
- British Sign Language interpreters cannot be provided on request.
- There is a seat/chair available within the store.
- There is a defibrillator in store.
- The types of trolley available at this store include; standard (large) with baby seat.
- There is a water bowl available for assistance dogs.
- There is not a Tesco Grocery Click+Collect service in the store.
- There is not a Tesco Collect+ service in the store.
- There is not a portable hearing assistance system.
- There is not a designated place of safety which can be used by people with dementia, autism or learning disabilities.
Public Car Park
- There is a car park for public use within approximately 200m (219yd).
- The public car park is located on Canons Way.
- The name of the car park is Britannia Bristol Harbourside Car Park.
- There is a/are Blue Badge parking bay(s) available within the car park.
- There is not a/are not clearly marked drop-off point(s).
- The surface of the approach is stone/concrete tiles and block paving.
- There are obstructions on the approach.
- There is step-free access on the approach.
- The pedestrian area outside the store has potential obstructions such as street signs, stone bench seats, and waste bins.
The stone seats do not contrast visually with the paving.
- The ATM(s) is/are located to the right of the entrance.
- The ATM(s) is/are 3m from the entrance.
- The controls/screen heights vary between 76cm and 114cm.
- There is not a lowered ATM available.
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the store, on Cathedral Walk.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- This entrance is signed with 'TESCO express'.
- There is step-free access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- There is a dark mat or floor marking at this entrance area which may look like a hole to some people.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The width of the door opening is 136cm.
- There are security pillars at the entrance doors.
- The security pillars do contrast visually with the flooring.
- The minimum width between the security pillars is 160cm.
- The width between the security barriers is narrowed to 132cm by a basket stand and a hand sanitising station.
- There is a/are hand sanitiser(s) in this area.
- The height of the hand sanitiser(s) is/are 116cm.
Access and Circulation
- There is step-free access throughout the store.
- The majority of aisle widths are not 150cm+.
- The minimum aisle width is 100cm.
- Some aisle widths are reduced by obstructions such as loading cages, structural pillars and product displays.
- There is some flooring which is shiny and could cause issues with glare or look slippery to some people.
- The lighting levels are moderate to good.
- Resting/seating areas are not available in this store.
- A seat can be made available if required.
- Background music is played at all times.
- Overhead aisle signage is not provided.
- Overhead signage is provided for some of the refridgerators and freezers.
- The checkout(s) is/are located at the rear of the store.
- There is step-free access to the checkout(s).
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the checkout(s).
- The checkout(s) is/are clearly signed.
- The lighting levels at the checkout(s) are moderate to good.
- There is a/are staffed checkout(s) and self-service checkout(s).
- The route to the checkouts is obstructed from some of the aisles as shown in Photograph 6.
- There are windows, TVs, glazed screens or mirrors at/behind the staffed checkout(s).
- The staffed checkout(s) is not/are not placed in front of a plain background.
- The height of the staffed checkout(s) is/are 92cm.
- There is a lowered section at the staffed checkout(s).
- The height of the lowered section at the staffed checkout(s) is 70cm.
- There is not a clear knee recess beneath the lowered section of the staffed checkout(s).
- The chip & pin card machines are not accessible from the staffed checkout(s).
- There is a/are hearing assistance system(s) at the staffed checkout(s).
- The following staffed checkout(s) have a hearing assistance system; the first from the left.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- The hearing assistance system(s) is not/are not signed.
- Colleagues are not trained to use the hearing assistance system(s).
- The hearing assistance system(s) was/were not tested at the time of the survey.
- The hearing assistance system(s) was/were not working at the time of testing.
- The controls/screen heights for the self-service checkout(s) vary between 66cm and 130cm.
- The chip & pin card machines are not accessible from the self-service checkout(s).
- Colleagues can provide assistance with using the self-service checkout(s).
- There are also higher self-service card only checkouts available with control/screen heights between 110cm and 146cm.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) available.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.