- In this store these services are available; Vended Coffee and National/Health Lottery.
- Please click here for the opening times and more specific information on the services available within the store (new tab).
- There is a bus stop within 150 metres of the store entrance.
- The bus stop is Mermaid Quay. The buses that service the route are numbers 8 and 8S.
- For more information on train services please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest train station is Cardiff Bay.
- For more information onhttps://tfwrail.wales/ please click here (opens new tab).
- For more information on Cardiff Bay station please click here (opens new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- There is a colleague available for help and assistance.
- Assistance is available at the customer service ceheckouts.
- This store is part of the Sunflower Lanyard Scheme.
- The Sunflower Lanyard Scheme helps people with hidden disabilities which aren’t always obvious – such as autism, dementia and visual or hearing impairments.
- There is not a colleague trained in British Sign Language.
- British Sign Language interpreters cannot be provided on request.
- There is a seat/chair available within the store.
- There is a defibrillator in store.
- The types of trolley available at this store include; standard (shallow).
- There is not a water bowl available for assistance dogs.
- There is not a Tesco Grocery Click+Collect service in the store.
- There is not a Tesco Collect+ service in the store.
- There is not a portable hearing assistance system.
- There is not a designated place of safety which can be used by people with dementia, autism or learning disabilities.
Public Car Park
- There is a car park for public use within approximately 200m (219yd).
- The public car park is located on Mermaid Quay.
- The name of the car park is Mermaid Quay Car Park.
- There is a/are Blue Badge parking bay(s) available within the car park.
- The store has 1 blue badge and 18 standard parking spaces in the car park. There is a limit of 30 minutes for all users within the allotted spaces. The blue badge space is 240cm x 470cm with etched marking on one side.
- There is not a/are not clearly marked drop-off point(s).
- Additional Public Parking Information View
- There is additional parking within the Mermaid Quay car park , charges will apply.
Approach (From Parking Spaces To Store Entrance)
- The surface of the approach is stone/concrete tiles and block paving.
- The approach surface is uneven in places.
- The access from the carpark is via a blocked paved sloped pathway leading up to a level crossing. At the crossing pass over the crossing to the opposite side of the road. The store is along the pathway which is block paving. The pavement narrows at the side off the store. The pathway leads to the entrance of the store.
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the store on Mermaid Quay.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- This entrance is signed with 'Tesco Express'.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does/do contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The width of the door opening is 140cm.
- There are security pillars at the entrance doors.
- The minimum width between the security pillars is 145cm.
- There is a/are hand sanitiser(s) in this area.
- The height of the hand sanitiser(s) is/are 118cm.
- The ramp/slope is located on the pathway leading to the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
Access and Circulation
- There is step-free access throughout the store.
- The majority of aisle widths are 150cm+.
- The minimum aisle width is 88cm.
- Some of the aisle are obstructed by product bins.
- There is flooring which is shiny and could cause issues with glare or look slippery to some people.
- The lighting levels are moderate to good.
- Resting/seating areas are not available in this store.
- A seat can be made available if required.
- Overhead aisle signage is provided.
- The colour, design and typeface of signs is consistent throughout the store.
- Dementia friendly signage is provided.
- The checkout(s) is/are located beyond the entrance to the left.
- There is step-free access to the checkout(s).
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the checkout(s).
- The checkout(s) is/are clearly signed.
- The lighting levels at the checkout(s) are moderate to good.
- There is a/are self-service checkout(s) and staffed checkout(s).
- There are windows, TVs, glazed screens or mirrors at/behind the staffed checkout(s).
- The staffed checkout(s) is/are placed in front of a plain background.
- The height of the staffed checkout(s) is/are 92cm.
- There is a lowered section at the staffed checkout(s).
- The height of the lowered section at the staffed checkout(s) is 72cm.
- There is not a clear knee recess beneath the lowered section of the staffed checkout(s).
- The chip & pin card machines are accessible from the staffed checkout(s).
- There is not a/are not hearing assistance system(s) at the staffed checkout(s).
- The controls/screen heights for the self-service checkout(s) vary between 64cm and 140cm.
- The chip & pin card machines are accessible from the self-service checkout(s).
- Colleagues can provide assistance with using the self-service checkout(s).
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) available.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The ATM(s) is/are located to the right of the main entrance.
- The ATM(s) is/are 9m from the main entrance.
- The height of the ATM(s) controls/screens is 130cm.
- There is not a lowered ATM available.