- The information in this section was taken in May 2021.
- There is not a colleague available at the entrance.
- There is hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- The hand sanitisers are free standing.
- The height of the hand sanitisers range between 110cm and 145cm.
- Hand sanitisers are available inside the venue.
- There is additional hand held sanitiser at the checkout desk.
- There is not a limited number of customers allowed inside.
- There is not a one-way system throughout.
- There is clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- There is signage at the entrance and by the checkouts.
- There are protective clear screens located at checkouts/counters.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
Petrol Station Summary
- The following services are available at this petrol station; Drive Thru Car Wash, Car Vac unit, Pay at Pump, Air & Water unit and Costa Coffee Express.
- The store has its own parking facilities.
- The store is located off the B701 Meadow Place Road in the Corstorphine are to the west of Edinburgh. The store has it's own parking to the front and side of the store. There is Blue Badge parking and Parent and Child parking available and Podpoint electric car charging points.
- There is a bus stop within 150 metres of the store entrance.
- Buses stop on the B701 Meadow Place Road at Gylemuir Road stops. The stops are served by Lothian Buses routes 1, 12, 21 and First Group Buses route 68. For more information on Lothian Bus Services please click here (opens new tab) For more information on First Group Bus Services please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest train station is South Gyle.
- South Gyle station is located 900m (0.6 miles) south-west of the store. South Gyle is a Category B station. There are ramps to both platforms and a road bridge connecting both platforms. There are accessible ticket machines, but no accessible booking office or ramp for boarding trains.
- For more information on services and facilities at South Gyle station please click here (opens new tab).
- For more information on local and national train services to South Gyle and Edinburgh please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest tram stop is Bankhead.
- The Edinburgh tram service runs east-west to the city centre from the Airport. The nearest stop to the store is Bankhead, 1.9km (1.2 miles) south of the store.
- For more information onhttps://edinburghtrams.com/ please click here (opens new tab).
Petrol Station Forecourt
Forecourt and Pumps
- Colleagues are able to provide assistance at the pumps.
- For help and assistance please sound your horn, put on your hazard lights and display your Blue Badge.
- The pumps are clearly signed.
- It is possible to pay at the pump.
- The height of the pump controls/screen is 130cm.
- The height of the fuel pump nozzle slot is 116cm.
- The paper towel dispenser(s) is/are at a height of 90cm.
- The disposable glove dispenser(s) is/are at a height of 95cm.
- The tyre pressure machine control heights vary between 100cm and 150cm.
- The height of the tyre pressure pump slot is 110cm.
- The height of the water pump slot is 110cm.
- There is an 11cm kerb in front of the tyre pressure and air/vac machines.
Out of Hours Payment Counter
- There is step-free access to the counter.
- The counter is not clearly signed.
- There are windows, TVs, glazed screens or mirrors at/behind the counter.
- The counter is not placed in front of a plain background.
- The height of the counter is 99cm.
- There is not a lowered section of the counter.
- There is not a hearing assistance system at the counter.
- There is a dropped kerb and 85cm wide path to the out of hours counter.
Entrance (Shop Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on the front right of the shop.
- The entrance area/door is not clearly signed.
- There is step-free access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- There is a dark mat or floor marking at this entrance area which may look like a hole to some people.
- The entrance door(s) does/do contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The door(s) may be difficult to open.
- The width of the door opening is 81cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of this entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- There is a slope with a very easy incline.
Access and Circulation
- There is step-free access throughout.
- The majority of aisle widths are 150cm+.
- The minimum aisle width is 140cm.
- The lighting levels are moderate to good.
- A seat can be made available if required.
- Background music is played at all times.
- The checkout(s) is/are located to the far left as you enter the store.
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the checkout(s).
- The checkout(s) is/are not clearly signed.
- The lighting levels at the checkout(s) are moderate to good.
- There is a/are staffed checkout(s) only.
- There are windows, TVs, glazed screens or mirrors at/behind the staffed checkout(s).
- The staffed checkout(s) is not/are not placed in front of a plain background.
- The height of the staffed checkout(s) is/are 103cm.
- There is not a lowered section at the staffed checkout(s).
- The chip & pin card machines are accessible from the staffed checkout(s).
- There is a hearing assistance system at the staffed checkout(s).
- The following staffed checkout(s) have a hearing assistance system; left hand checkout (82).
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- The hearing assistance system is not signed.
- Colleagues are trained to use the hearing assistance system.
- The hearing assistance system was not tested at the time of the survey.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) available.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.