Petrol Station Summary
- The petrol station is located within Kingsway West Retail Park.
- The details within this access guide relate to the petrol station and not the retail park.
- Kingsway West Retail Park link (new tab) - click here.
- For detailed information on the store itself please click here (new tab).
- The following services are available at this petrol station; Self Service Jet Wash, Costa Coffee Express, Drive Thru Car Wash, Pay at Pump, Air & Water unit and Car Vac unit.
- The store has its own parking facilities.
- Additional parking is available at the petrol station.
- Tesco Dundee Extra is located within the Kingsway Retail Park off the B960 Clepington Road, to the north west of Dundee City Centre, by the A90 Kingsway West.
- There is a bus stop within 150 metres of the store entrance.
- Tesco Dundee Extra and the Kingsway Retail Park is served by bus service 202 between Dundee City Centre and Kirkton. It is operated by the Stagecoach Bus Company.
Additional bus services 1, 9 and 10 stop nearby on King's Cross Road at the Kingsway stop. These services are operated by the XPLORE Dundee bus company.
For more information on accessibility at the Seagate Bus Station on the AccessAble Guide please click here (opens new tab).
For more information on Stagecoach bus services in Dundee please click here (opens new tab).
For more information on XPLORE Dundee bus services in Dundee please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest train station is Dundee Station.
- Dundee Station is located in Dundee City Centre. This is a Category A station. This station has step-free access to all platforms. The Passenger Assist meeting point is at the Ticket Office.
Bus services run from the bus station direct to the Kingsway Retail Park and Tesco Dundee Extra. The bus station is located approximately 1km (0.6 miles) north east of the train station on Seagate.
- For more information on Dundee Station and train services please click here (opens new tab).
- For more information on accessibility at Dundee Station on the AccessAble guide please click here (opens new tab).
- The information in this section was taken in March 2021.
- There is a colleague available at the entrance.
- There is hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- The hand sanitisers are hand held.
- The height of the hand sanitiser is 100cm.
- Hand sanitisers are available inside the venue.
- The hand sanitiser is located just inside the entrance. Additional hand sanitisers are located at the coffee vending machine and at the checkouts.
- There is a limited number of customers allowed inside.
- There is a one-way system throughout.
- The one-way system is clearly marked/signed.
- There is a barrier across the aisle which limits the width upon exit to approximately 75cm, however, these can be moved.
- There is clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- There is signage throughout the store to remind people of social distancing.
- There are protective clear screens located at checkouts/counters.
- Toilets are not available.
- Toilets are available in the main store.
- Toilets are available in the main store.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- The car park is located within the petrol station forecourt on the left as you enter.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- Clearly marked/signposted parent and child parking bays are not available.
- All parking spaces are provided on a first come first served basis.
Blue Badge Parking
- There is not a/are not Blue Badge parking bay(s) available.
- Parking is free (unlimited time).
Access from the Car Park
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
- The entrance is clearly visible from the car park.
- Pedestrian walkways are not available in the car park.
- The surface on the approach to the entrance(s) is tarmac.
- There is not a/are not clearly marked drop-off point(s).
Petrol Station Forecourt
Forecourt and Pumps
- Colleagues are able to provide assistance at the pumps.
- To get help, sound your horn (or turn on your hazard warning lights) and make sure your Blue Badge is clearly visible through the front windscreen.
- The pumps are clearly signed.
- It is possible to pay at the pump.
- The height of the pump controls/screen is 125cm.
- The height of the fuel pump nozzle slot is 120cm.
- The paper towel dispenser(s) is/are at a height of 105cm.
- The disposable glove dispenser(s) is/are at a height of 115cm.
- The tyre pressure machine control heights vary between 94cm and 140cm.
- The height of the tyre pressure pump slot is 70cm.
- The height of the water pump slot is 98cm.
- Disposable gloves are available at the out of hours kiosk shelf.
There are 2 air pressure pump machines.
There is a 12cm kerb to the air pressure machines, however the lower machine/car vac, is more accessible and the hose reachable.
Out of Hours Payment Counter
- There is step-free access to the counter.
- The counter is not clearly signed.
- There are windows, TVs, glazed screens or mirrors at/behind the counter.
- The counter is not placed in front of a plain background.
- The height of the counter is 113cm.
- There is not a lowered section of the counter.
- There is not a bell to attract attention.
- There is not a hearing assistance system at the counter.
- This information is for the entrance located at the front left of the shop.
- The entrance area/door is not clearly signed.
- There is step-free access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- There is a dark mat or floor marking at this entrance area which may look like a hole to some people.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The door(s) may be difficult to open.
- The width of the door opening is 102cm.
- There is a slope with a very easy incline.
Access and Circulation
- There is step-free access throughout.
- The majority of aisle widths are 150cm+.
- The lighting levels are moderate to good.
- A seat can be made available if required.
- The checkout(s) is/are located to the right as you enter the shop.
- There is step-free access to the checkout(s).
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the checkout(s).
- The checkout(s) is/are not clearly signed.
- The lighting levels at the checkout(s) are good.
- There is a/are staffed checkout(s).
- There are windows, TVs, glazed screens or mirrors at/behind the standard checkout(s).
- The standard checkout(s) is not/are not placed in front of a plain background.
- The height of the standard checkout(s) is/are 101cm.
- There is not a lowered section at the standard checkout(s).
- The chip & pin card machines are accessible from the standard checkout(s).
- There is a hearing assistance system at the standard checkout(s).
- The following standard checkout(s) have a hearing assistance system; the right hand checkout (till 82).
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- The hearing assistance system is signed.
- Colleagues are trained to use the hearing assistance system.
- The hearing assistance system was tested by an AccessAble surveyor.
- The hearing assistance system was tested on 04/03/2021.
- The hearing assistance system was working at the time of testing.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) available.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.