Express with Petrol Station Summary
- The following Tesco services are available at this store; a petrol station.
- Other services available include; National/Health Lottery, Vended Coffee, a petrol station and Air & Water unit.
- The store has its own parking facilities.
- There is a bus stop within 150 metres of the store entrance.
- There are bus stops located on Alexandra Avenue and Eastcote Lane. TFL buses on this route are 114, 398, H9 and H10 and 341 with services towards Mill Hill, Northolt, Ruislip and Rayners Lane.
- For more information on TFL buses please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest train station is Northolt Park.
- Northolt Park Station with direct links to London Marylebone, Gerrards Cross and High Wycombe is approximately 1.3 miles (26-28 minute walk) from the store.
- For more information on Northolt Park station facilities and train times please click here (opens new tab).
- For more information on travelling by train please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest underground station is Rayners Lane.
- Rayners Lane underground station is approximately 0.2 miles (4-5 minute walk) away from the store. The station is on the Piccadilly and Metropolitan lines with services towards Aldgate, baker Street, Wembley Park and Cockfosters.
- For more information on TFL Underground please click here (opens new tab).
- The information in this section was taken in May 2021.
- There is only one set of automatic doors for entry and exit. Customers are reminded to maintain social distancing at all times.
- There is a traffic light system in place at the entrance/exit.
- The traffic light system is directly above the entrance to the store.
- There is not a colleague available at the entrance.
- There is hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- The hand sanitisers are free standing.
- The height of the hand sanitiser is 117cm.
- Hand sanitisers are not available inside the venue.
- There is a limited number of customers allowed inside.
- There is not a one-way system throughout.
- There is clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- There is signage and floor markings reminding customers to maintain social distancing throughout the store.
- There are protective clear screens located at checkouts/counters.
- Toilets are not available.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
Getting Help and Assistance
- There is a colleague available for help and assistance.
- For help and assistance, please contact colleague or ask at the checkout.
- This store is part of the Sunflower Lanyard Scheme.
- The Sunflower Lanyard Scheme helps people with hidden disabilities which aren’t always obvious – such as autism, dementia and visual or hearing impairments.
- There is not a colleague trained in British Sign Language.
- There is a seat/chair available within the store.
- There is a defibrillator in store.
- There is not a water bowl available for assistance dogs.
- There is not a Tesco Grocery Click+Collect service in the store.
- There is not a Tesco Collect+ service in the store.
- There is not a portable hearing assistance system.
- There is not a designated place of safety which can be used by people with dementia, autism or learning disabilities.
- The store does have its own parking facilities.
- The car park is located off Alexandra Avenue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- The car park surface is concrete.
- Clearly marked/signposted parent and child parking bays are not available.
- All parking spaces are provided on a first come first served basis.
Blue Badge Parking
- There is a/are Blue Badge parking bay(s) available.
- The Blue Badge bay(s) is/are clearly marked.
- There is/are 1 designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) surveyed are 230cm x 470cm.
- The Blue Badge parking bays have a marked zone to both sides and rear.
- The marked zones around the Blue Badge parking bays have at least the recommended width of 120cm.
- Parking is free for up to 30 minutes.
- Payment signs are not provided.
Access from the Car Park
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
- The entrance is clearly visible from the car park.
- Pedestrian walkways are not available in the car park.
- The surface on the approach to the entrance(s) is concrete tiles and concrete.
- There is not a/are not clearly marked drop-off point(s).
- The ATM(s) is/are located to the left of the entrance.
- The ATM(s) is/are 9m from the shop entrance.
- There are bollards on the approach to the ATM(s).
- The height of the bollard(s) is 102cm.
- The bollards contrast visually with the paving.
- The minimum width between the bollards is 150cm.
- The controls/screen heights vary between 95cm and 120cm.
- There is not a lowered ATM available.
Petrol Station Forecourt
Forecourt and Pumps
- Colleagues are able to provide assistance at the pumps.
- Colleagues are notified of the customers arrival by them using car signals (flashing their lights or beeping their horn).
- The pumps are clearly signed.
- It is possible to pay at the pump.
- The height range of the pump controls/screen is 115cm to 133cm.
- The height of the fuel pump nozzle slot is 135cm.
- There are not lowered pay at pump screens available.
- Payment can also be made by the Tesco Pay+ app.
- The paper towel dispenser(s) is/are at a height of 84cm.
- The disposable glove dispenser(s) is/are at a height of 110cm.
- The tyre pressure machine control heights vary between 125cm and 129cm.
- The height of the tyre pressure pump slot is 90cm.
- The height of the water pump slot is 90cm.
Approach (Alexandra Avenue to Entrance)
- The surface of the approach is concrete.
- There are obstructions on the approach.
- The minimum width between the obstructions is 80cm.
- There is step-free access on the approach.
- There is a slope with a very easy incline.
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the forecourt.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- This entrance is signed with 'Tesco Express'.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- There is not a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- There is a dark mat or floor marking at this entrance area which may look like a hole to some people.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The width of the door opening is 140cm.
- There are security pillars at the entrance doors.
- The minimum width between the security pillars is 140cm.
- There is a/are hand sanitiser(s) in this area.
- The height of the hand sanitiser(s) is/are 117cm.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
Access and Circulation
- There is step-free access throughout the store.
- The majority of aisle widths are 150cm+.
- The minimum aisle width is 95cm.
- On some occasions, product bins may obstruct the aisles.
- There is some flooring which is shiny and could cause issues with glare or look slippery to some people.
- The lighting levels are good.
- Resting/seating areas are not available in this store.
- A seat can be made available if required.
- Overhead aisle signage is not provided.
- The checkout(s) is/are located to the left as you enter.
- There is step-free access to the checkout(s).
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the checkout(s).
- The checkout(s) is/are clearly signed.
- The lighting levels at the checkout(s) are good.
- There is a/are staffed checkout(s).
- There are windows, TVs, glazed screens or mirrors at/behind the staffed checkout(s).
- The staffed checkout(s) is not/are not placed in front of a plain background.
- The height of the staffed checkout(s) is/are 91cm.
- There is a lowered section at the staffed checkout(s).
- The height of the lowered section at the staffed checkout(s) is 71cm.
- There is not a clear knee recess beneath the lowered section of the staffed checkout(s).
- The chip & pin card machines are accessible from the staffed checkout(s).
- There is a/are hearing assistance system(s) at the staffed checkout(s).
- The following staffed checkout(s) have a hearing assistance system; 1.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- The hearing assistance system(s) is/are signed.
- Colleagues are trained to use the hearing assistance system(s).
- The hearing assistance system(s) was/were tested by an AccessAble surveyor.
- The hearing assistance systems were tested at the following staffed checkout(s); 1.
- The hearing assistance system(s) was/were tested on 04/05/2021.
- The hearing assistance system(s) was/were not working at the time of testing.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) available.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.