Petrol Station Summary
- The petrol station is located within Oldings Corner Retail Park.
- The details within this access guide relate to the petrol station and not the retail park.
- For detailed information on the store itself please click here (new tab).
- The following services are available at this petrol station; Pay at Pump, Costa Coffee Express, Air & Water unit, Hand Car Wash and Tesco Drive Thru Car Wash.
- The store has shared/public parking facilities.
- Additional parking is not available at the petrol station.
- There is a bus stop within 150 metres of the store entrance.
- The bus stop is located on Oldings Corner with direct services to Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City.
- For more information on Arriva Buses please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest train station is Hatfield.
- The station is approximately 1.1 miles (22 minute walk) away, with direct services to Potters Bar, London, Stevenage and Welwyn Garden City.
- For more information on Great Northern Railway please click here (opens new tab).
- For more information on National Rail please click here (opens new tab).
- The information in this section was taken in February 2021.
- There are external queuing points.
- The external queuing points are not clearly marked/signed.
- There is not a colleague available at the entrance.
- There is not hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- Hand sanitisers are available inside the venue.
- There are hand held hand sanitisers at the till.
- There is a limited number of customers allowed inside.
- There is not a one-way system throughout.
- There is clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- There are protective clear screens located at checkouts/counters.
- Toilets are not available.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
Petrol Station Forecourt
Forecourt and Pumps
- Colleagues are able to provide assistance at the pumps.
- To get help, sound your horn (or turn on your hazard warning lights) and make sure your Blue Badge is clearly visible through the front windscreen.
- The pumps are clearly signed.
- It is possible to pay at the pump.
- The height of the pump controls/screen is 130cm.
- The height of the fuel pump nozzle slot is 110cm.
- The paper towel dispenser(s) is/are at a height of 100cm.
- The disposable glove dispenser(s) is/are at a height of 100cm.
- The tyre pressure machine control heights vary between 80cm and 110cm.
- The height of the tyre pressure pump slot is 110cm.
- The height of the water pump slot is 110cm.
- The disposable gloves and paper towels are attached to the side of the litter bins.
The pumps for tyre pressure and water are located to the outside rear of the shop.
- This information is for the entrance located to the right as you face the shop.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- This entrance is signed with 'Tesco extra'.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- There is a dark mat or floor marking at this entrance area which may look like a hole to some people.
- The entrance door(s) does/do contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The door(s) may be difficult to open.
- The width of the door opening is 80cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of this entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is steep.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 80cm.
Access and Circulation
- There is step-free access throughout.
- The majority of aisle widths are 150cm+.
- The minimum aisle width is 220cm.
- There are products located to the centre of the aisle as you approach the counter as shown in photograph 2 and 5.
- There is some flooring which is shiny and could cause issues with glare or look slippery to some people.
- There are mats in aisles that might be perceived as holes.
- The lighting levels are moderate to good.
- A seat can be made available if required.
- The checkout(s) is/are located to the left after you enter.
- There is step-free access to the checkout(s).
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the checkout(s).
- The checkout(s) is/are clearly signed.
- The lighting levels at the checkout(s) are moderate to good.
- There is a/are staffed checkout(s).
- There are windows, TVs, glazed screens or mirrors at/behind the staffed checkout(s).
- The staffed checkout(s) is not/are not placed in front of a plain background.
- The height of the staffed checkout(s) is/are 110cm.
- There is not a lowered section at the staffed checkout(s).
- The chip & pin card machines are accessible from the staffed checkout(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system at the staffed checkout(s).
- The hearing assistance system is not signed.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) available.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.