Express with Petrol Station Summary
- Other services available include; Drive Thru Car Wash, a petrol station, Vended Coffee and National/Health Lottery.
- Please click here for the opening times and more specific information on the services available within the store (new tab).
- The store has its own parking facilities.
- There is a bus stop within 150 metres of the store entrance.
- The nearest stop is the Willows stop on Amberley Road. This stop is serviced by the number 74A.
- For more information on getting here by bus please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest train station is Amberley.
- Amberley Station is located approximately 4.4 miles to the south west of the store.
- For more information on Southern Railway please click here (opens new tab).
- For more information on Amberley Station please click here (opens new tab).
- The information in this section was taken in April 2021.
- There is a traffic light system in place at the entrance/exit.
- There is a colleague available at the entrance.
- There is hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- The hand sanitisers are free standing.
- The height of the hand sanitiser is 114cm.
- Hand sanitisers are available inside the venue.
- There is a limited number of customers allowed inside.
- There is not a one-way system throughout.
- There is clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- There is signage throughout the store to remind people of social distancing.
- There are protective clear screens located at checkouts/counters.
- Toilets are not available.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
Getting Help and Assistance
- There is a colleague available for help and assistance.
- To get assistance please speak to a colleague at the checkout.
- This store is part of the Sunflower Lanyard Scheme.
- The Sunflower Lanyard Scheme helps people with hidden disabilities which aren’t always obvious – such as autism, dementia and visual or hearing impairments.
- There is not a colleague trained in British Sign Language.
- British Sign Language interpreters cannot be provided on request.
- There is a seat/chair available within the store.
- There is a defibrillator in store.
- There is not a water bowl available for assistance dogs.
- There is not a Tesco Grocery Click+Collect service in the store.
- There is not a Collect+ service in the store.
- There is not a portable hearing assistance system.
- There is not a designated place of safety which can be used by people with dementia, autism or learning disabilities.
- The store does have its own parking facilities.
- The car park is located off Amberley Road or Pulborough Road.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- Clearly marked/signposted parent and child parking bays are not available.
- All parking spaces are provided on a first come first served basis.
Blue Badge Parking
- There is a/are Blue Badge parking bay(s) available.
- The Blue Badge bay(s) is/are clearly marked.
- There is/are 1 designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) surveyed are 240cm x 500cm.
- The Blue Badge parking bays have a marked zone to one side and the rear.
- The marked zones around the Blue Badge parking bays have at least the recommended width of 120cm.
- Parking is free for up to 30 minutes.
Access from the Car Park
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
- The entrance is clearly visible from the car park.
- Pedestrian walkways are not available in the car park.
- The surface on the approach to the entrance(s) is tarmac and concrete tiles.
- There is not a/are not clearly marked drop-off point(s).
Petrol Station Forecourt
Forecourt and Pumps
- Colleagues are able to provide assistance at the pumps.
- To get help, sound your horn (or turn on your hazard warning lights) and make sure your Blue Badge is clearly visible through the front windscreen.
- The pumps are clearly signed.
- It is possible to pay at the pump.
- The height range of the pump controls/screen is 136cm to 140cm.
- The height of the fuel pump nozzle slot is 146cm.
- There are not lowered pay at pump screens available.
- The paper towel dispenser(s) is/are at a height of 90cm.
- The disposable glove dispenser(s) is/are at a height of 110cm.
- The tyre pressure machine control heights vary between 90cm and 140cm.
- The height of the tyre pressure pump slot is 60cm.
- The height of the water pump slot is 70cm.
- The ATM(s) is/are located to the left as you face the entrance.
- The ATM(s) is/are 6m from the entrance.
- There are bollards on the approach to the ATM(s).
- The height of the bollard(s) is 107cm.
- The bollards have a visual identification band.
- The minimum width between the bollards is 137cm.
- The controls/screen heights vary between 98cm and 122cm.
- There is not a lowered ATM available.
- The is a slight ramp without handrails to access the ATM (photograph 1).
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the store.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- This entrance is signed with 'TESCO express'.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- There is a dark mat or floor marking at this entrance area which may look like a hole to some people.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The width of the door opening is 130cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of this entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- There are security pillars at the entrance doors.
- The barriers do contrast visually with the flooring.
- The minimum width between the security pillars is 130cm.
- There is a/are hand sanitiser(s) in this area.
- The height of the hand sanitiser(s) is/are 114cm.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is steep.
Access and Circulation
- There is step-free access throughout the store.
- The majority of aisle widths are not 150cm+.
- The minimum aisle width is 78cm.
- The lighting levels are good.
- Resting/seating areas are not available in this store.
- A seat can be made available if required.
- Background music is played at all times.
- Overhead aisle signage is provided.
- The colour, design and typeface of signs is consistent throughout the store.
- Dementia friendly signage is provided.
- The checkout(s) is/are located to the right after the entrance.
- There is step-free access to the checkout(s).
- There is not a clear unobstructed route to the checkout(s).
- The checkout(s) is/are not clearly signed.
- The lighting levels at the checkout(s) are good.
- There is a/are staffed checkout(s).
- There are windows, TVs, glazed screens or mirrors at/behind the staffed checkout(s).
- The staffed checkout(s) is not/are not placed in front of a plain background.
- The height of the staffed checkout(s) is/are 91cm.
- There is a lowered section at the staffed checkout(s).
- The height of the lowered section at the staffed checkout(s) is 71cm.
- There is not a clear knee recess beneath the lowered section of the staffed checkout(s).
- The chip & pin card machines are accessible from the staffed checkout(s).
- There is a/are hearing assistance system(s) at the staffed checkout(s).
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- The hearing assistance system(s) is/are signed.
- Colleagues are trained to use the hearing assistance system(s).
- The hearing assistance system(s) was/were tested by an AccessAble surveyor.
- The hearing assistance system(s) was/were tested on 08/04/2021.
- The hearing assistance system(s) was/were working at the time of testing.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) available.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.