- Ocean Retail Park is 0.5 miles west of the A2030 main north/south route serving the island, and 2 miles south of the A27 south coast arterial trunk road, which leads off from the M27.
Please use PO35 5HH in your sat-nav to find the shopping park.
- There is a bus stop within 150 metres of the shopping park.
- The nearest railway station is Hilsea.
- Ocean Retail Park is a 1.1 mile walk from Hilsea train station, with rail links to Portsmouth stations, Southampton and London.
- For more information on Hilsea Station please click here (opens new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language. Please phone the venue in advance for more information.
- There is not an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are not available.
- There are not mobility aids available.
- The surface of the approach is stone/concrete tiles.
- There is step-free access from Burrfields Road.
There are steps located on Dundas Lane that can be overcome by accessing the shopping park from Burrfields Road.
- There is a/are fixed bollard(s) on the approach.
- The minimum width between the bollards/wall is 115cm.
- The bollard(s) does/do not have a good colour contrast to prevent them being hazardous to visually impaired people.
- There is step-free access on the approach.
- There is a/are step(s) on the approach.
- There is/are 8 unmarked step(s), with handrails on both sides.
- Handrails are at the recommended height (90cm-100cm).
- Handrails do cover the flight of stairs throughout its length.
- Handrails are easy to grip.
- Handrails do extend horizontally beyond the first and last steps.
- The height of the step(s) is/are between the recommended 15cm and 18cm.
- The height of the step(s) is/are 16cm.
- The going of the step(s) is/are between the recommended 30cm and 45cm.
- The shopping park does have its own parking facilities.
- The car park is located off the A27 south coast arterial trunk road.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- The car park does not have a barrier control system.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a/are Blue Badge parking bay(s) available.
- The Blue Badge bay(s) is/are clearly marked.
- There is/are 10+ designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) surveyed are 260cm x 500cm (8ft 6in x 16ft 5in).
- There is a 120cm marked zone around the Blue Badge parking bay(s).
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- Clearly marked/signposted parent and child parking bays are available.
- All parking spaces are provided on a first come first served basis.
- There are no parking charges for the car park.
- Parking is free for visitors of the venue.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- There is not a/are not clearly marked drop-off point(s).
- Digital wayfinders are not available.
- Information posts are provided to aid wayfinding.
- This external area is partially covered.
- The type of flooring in this area is stone/concrete paving.
- There is some flooring which includes patterns or colours which could be confusing or look like steps or holes to some people.
- The following types of seating can be found in this area; metal benches.
- There is good colour contrast between the walls and floor in the majority of corridors/walkways.
- Background music is not played in this area.
- There is step free access in this area.
- There are bollards located between the parking and walkways and across the walkways in places.
The height of the bollards are 89cm.
The width of the bollards vary between 110cm and 115cm.
The bollards do not have a clear identification band.
- There are no public toilets available.
- There are customer toilets available in some of the units, including Marks and Spencer.