Getting Help and Assistance
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- Wheelchairs are available free of charge for Blue Badge holders and £5 for all other visitors. The number of wheelchairs we have available is limited, so if you’ve got your own, please bring it with you.
Scooters are £15 per hire for all visitors.
The NEC strongly advise visitors to pre-book equipment to avoid disappointment. The NEC operate a telephone booking line Monday to Friday 09:00 - 16:00 on 0121 780 4141 (Option 2 and then Option 7), or alternatively you can email at [email protected]
All pre-bookings will be held until 11:00 on the day booked for, unless otherwise advised.
For any visitors who have not pre-booked equipment and arrive on the day, any remaining stock will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis. As collection location varies from show to show, please check the collection point when making a booking.
- Assistance dogs are welcome, but there are some events where the noise levels are high.
- If you’re visiting The NEC for an event, please book your tickets on our dedicated Ticket Line for disabled visitors (The Ticket Factory) 0800 640 5001.
Let us know when you’re booking if you need a wheelchair space or have any special requirements, so that we can arrange for everything to be ready on your arrival. We can also help you book the most convenient seating for visitors with visual impairment.
Please note all ticket sales are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Accessible toilets are available across the venue.
A Changing Places toilet is also available by Hall 20, on the Atrium side of site.
It provides more space for up to 2 carers and extra features to meet additional needs, including height adjustable adult-sized changing benches and a hoist system.
- The NEC is located to the south east of Birmingham. It can be accessed via the M42, A45, A446 and A452.
- There are a number of car parks including Blue Badge Parking, North, East and South Car Parks.
- There is a bus stop within 150 metres of the venue.
- The closest bus hub is at Birmingham International Train Station, adjoining the NEC site.
- The nearest Railway Station is Birmingham International.
- Birmingham International is adjacent to the NEC and interconnecting from the piazza side of site by H2 entrance.
There is step-free access at the station.
There is a Bridgelink which links the station directly to The NEC.
- For more information on Birmingham International Station (National Rail) please click here (opens new tab).