Show Easy Read
Introduction (Route Summary)
- Related link Newcastle Central Station.
- Related link Campus for Ageing and Vitality.
- This route plan takes you from Newcastle Central Station to the Campus for Ageing and Vitality.
- This route uses public transport.
Newcastle Central Station to Central Station Neville Street Stand A
- Exit Newcastle Central Station from the front right entrance as you exit the concourse.
- Bear slightly left and proceed towards Neville Street.
- The surface of the pavement is block paved.
- Turn right at Neville Street and proceed away from the station.
- Cross the access road exiting the Taxi Rank.
- The access road is busy during peak travel times.
- There are dropped kerbs with tactile paving at the crossing point.
- Traffic comes from the right only.
- Continue along Neville Street for approximately 9m to the second bus stop, Stand A.
- Take the number 10 bus towards Lemington, the number 11 bus towards West Denton, or the number 38 bus towards Denton Burn, to Newcastle General Hospital.
Cross Westgate Road
- Exit the bus at the Newcastle General Hospital bus stop on Westgate Road.
- Turn left and proceed along Westgate Road to the pedestrian crossing.
- The crossing point is pedestrian controlled.
- There are dropped kerbs with tactile paving on the footpath sides of the crossing.
- There are dropped kerbs without tactile paving on the central reservation of the crossing.
- The road is busy.
- The surface of the crossing is tarmac.
- The height of the button for the controls is 117cm to 120cm.
Westgate Road to Campus for Ageing and Vitality
- After crossing the road turn right.
- Take the first left into the Campus for Ageing and Vitality.
- There is signage throughout the campus directing visitors to the various buildings and services.