- The information in this section was taken in November 2020.
- There have been no changes to the venue's parking or entrances/exits as a result of COVID-19.
- Hand sanitisers are available at all main entrances to buildings, car parks and wards/departments.
- There is currently a restricted number of visitors allowed and some one way systems in place.
- There is a reduction in the number of seats in waiting areas to achieve required social distancing.
- Wall signage has been installed advising of social distancing and floor markings are in place advising where to stand when required to queue.
- Protective screens are located at reception desks.
- It is advised to keep left on stairwells.
- Lifts are limited to two people at a time.
- There have been no changes to the toilet facilities.
- Users must comply with social distancing requirements and wear masks/facial coverings where required to do so.
- Volunteers are available for help.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
Introduction (Route Summary)
- Related link Newcastle Central Station.
- Related link Campus for Ageing and Vitality.
- This route plan takes you from Newcastle Central Station to the Campus for Ageing and Vitality.
- This route uses public transport.
Newcastle Central Station to Central Station Neville Street Stand A
- Leave Newcastle Central Station from the front right entrance as you exit the concourse.
- Bear slightly left and proceed towards Neville Street.
- The surface of the pavement is block paved.
- Turn right at Neville Street and proceed away from the station.
- Cross the access road exiting the Taxi Rank.
- The access road is busy during peak travel times.
- There are dropped kerbs with tactile paving at the crossing point.
- Traffic comes from the right only.
- Continue along Neville Street for approximately 9 metres to the second bus stop, Stand A.
- Take the number 10 bus towards Lemington, the number 11 bus towards West Denton, or the number 38 bus towards Denton Burn, to Newcastle General Hospital.
Cross Westgate Road
- Exit the bus at the Newcastle General Hospital bus stop on Westgate Road.
- Turn right and proceed along Westgate Road to the pedestrian crossing.
- The crossing point is pedestrian controlled.
- There are dropped kerbs with tactile paving on the footpath sides of the crossing.
- The road is busy.
- The surface of the crossing is tarmac.
- The height of the button for the controls is 117cm to 120cm.
Westgate Road to Campus for Ageing and Vitality
- After crossing the road turn right.
- Take the first left into the Campus for Ageing and Vitality.
- There is signage throughout the campus directing visitors to the various buildings and services.