Show Easy Read
- The Multi Faith Prayer Room is located on the first floor of the hospital.
- Monday 08:00 - 20:00.
- Tuesday 08:00 - 20:00.
- Wednesday 08:00 - 20:00.
- Thursday 08:00 - 20:00.
- Friday 08:00 - 20:00.
- Saturday 08:00 - 20:00.
- Sunday 08:00 - 20:00.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Liverpool.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Liverpool Lime Street.
- Parking on the main hospital site is limited to staff and permit holders.
- There is some disabled parking on site but it is generally used by staff with the exception of the Diabetic Centre where outpatients of that facility can park if displaying a Blue Badge.
- It may be possible to drive onto the site to drop off disabled patients outside the side or rear entrances but this is at the discretion of security staff.
- There are drop-off areas outside the Main and Emergency Department Entrances and also outside the Linda McCartney and Education Centres, but vehicles must not be parked in these areas.
- Patients and visitors can park in the nearby secure Q-Park facility which is situated less than a 5 minute walk from the hospital and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- The vehicle entrance to Q-Park is on Epworth Street (off Erskine Street).
- A pedestrian exit is available on the Prescot Road side of the car park.
- The car park has over 40 designated Blue Badge bays on level 1 and two additional bays on each of the other levels. The dimensions of the bays are 3.5m x 6.5 (11ft 5in x 21ft 3in).
- Parking charges are the same for Blue Badge holders.
- There is a height restriction of 2.1 metres (6ft 10in) at Q-Park so if you have a vehicle above this height please contact the Trust’s Security Team on 0151 706 2228 to make alternative arrangements.
- A shuttle bus services runs between the Q-Park car park and the Royal and Dental Hospitals.
- The bus runs on request and car park staff can radio for one to come within a few minutes.
Outside Access (Hospital Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the hospital, off Prescott Street.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is step free access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- There is a dark mat or floor marking at this entrance that might be perceived as a hole.
- There is not a door release button when exiting.
- Standard manual wheelchairs are available for people to borrow at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The automatic door(s) is/are push pad activated.
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The width of the door opening is 154cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 1.5cm or below.
- Alternatively, there are automatic revolving doors at this entrance.
Shared Section (oth fs)
Shared Section (lift)
Outside Access (Prayer Room Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on the first floor.
- There is level access into the venue.
- Level access is via lift.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 76cm (2ft 6in) wide.
- There is level access to the service.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is carpet.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- The nearest accessible toilet is located on the ground floor of the hospital, off the main foyer.
- The nearest standard toilets are located on the ground floor of the hospital, off the main foyer.
- Disability awareness training can be provided for staff.
- The most commonly used documents can be produced in different formats on request.
- Different formats include Braille, large print and different languages.
- British Sign Language Interpreters can be provided on request.
- Language Interpreters can be provided on request.
- The main languages requested are Cantonese, Arabic, Somali, Mandarin, Polish and Kurdish.
- Registered assistance dogs are generally welcomed in all areas although departments with high risk from infection, such as wards and intensive care units, should be contacted in advance.
- Switchboard staff are Type Talk aware.
- Help with luggage is available for inpatients.
- The mobility aids available in the hospital include mobile hoists, ceiling tracking hoists, wheelchairs, motorised wheelchairs, tri wheel walkers, shower chairs, bath hoists, commodes, walking sticks, walking frames, hoist slings, adjustable beds and crutches.
- There is no charge for mobility aids.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact a nurse/doctor.
- There is not a mobility scooter charging point at the hospital.
- Portable hearing loop systems are available at the hospital.