COVID-19 Information (The University of Edinburgh)
Location of Room(s)
- Lecture Theatre B is/are located on the ground floor, to the right as you enter.
- To view the DisabledGo access guide for Chancellor's Building please click here (new tab).
- Directional and locational signage for the lecture theatre(s) is available in upper and lower case lettering that is clearly visible.
- The corridor outside the lecture theatre(s) is sufficiently wide enough (150cm+) to allow wheelchair users to pass.
- There is step free access into the lecture theatre(s).
- There is/are 10 medium (11cm-17cm) step(s) for access to the lecture theatre(s).
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked and has/have a handrail on the right leading in.
- The door opening width(s) is/are 75cm+ for the lecture theatre(s).
- The door(s) for the lecture theatre(s) is/are not push pad activated.
- There are designated spaces for wheelchair users within the lecture theatre(s).
- The designated spaces for wheelchairs users are located at the front and at the back.
- There is level access to the designated seating from an entrance.
- There is space for an assistance dog.
- There is step free access to the speaker's area at the front of the lecture theatre(s).
- There is staggered seating within the lecture theatre(s).
- The steps to the staggered seating do not have handrails.
- There is not a hearing assistance system for the lecture theatre(s).
- There is not a visual fire alarm beacon in the lecture theatre(s).
- There is not fixed furniture within the lecture theatre(s).
- There is sufficient space for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre within the lecture theatre(s).
- The clear floor space beneath tables in the room(s) is 66cm.
- A height adjustable table/bench is not available.
- There is a/are chair(s) with armrests on both sides within the lecture theatre(s).
- Floor coverings in the lecture theatre(s) are even with no trip hazards.
- The front entrance rear lecture theatre designated seating area was being used for temporary storage at the time of research and would normally be clear.
- Level access to front seating is via the platform lift at a rear entrance.
Lift (Rear Entrance)
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located at the rear entrance to the lecture theatre.
- The lift is a platform lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G-LG.
- Wall mounted information boards are not provided at lift landings.
- There are manual, heavy, double doors to access the lift lobby on the ground floor.
- The platform lift accesses a small level change.
- Staff do need to be notified for use of the lift.
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- The lift bypasses the 10 rear entrance steps into the front lecture theatre and speaker's area.
- The lift was unavailable to survey at the time of research.