COVID-19 Information (The University of Edinburgh)
Location of Room(s)
- 1.06 Common Room is/are located off the stairwell on the first floor on Alison House. Alternatively, it can be accessed from within room 1.08.
- To view the DisabledGo access guide for Alison House please click here (new tab).
- Directional and locational signage for the room(s) is available in upper and lower case lettering that is clearly visible.
- The corridor outside the room(s) is sufficiently wide enough (150cm+) to allow wheelchair users to pass.
- There is step free access into the room(s).
- The door opening width(s) is/are 75cm+ for the room(s).
- The door(s) for the room(s) is/are not push pad activated.
- There is not a hearing assistance system for the room(s).
- There is not a visual fire alarm beacon in the room(s).
- There is some fixed furniture within the room(s).
- There is sufficient space for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre within the room(s).
- The clear floor space beneath tables in the room(s) is 68cm.
- A height adjustable table/bench is not available.
- There are no chairs with armrests on both sides within the room(s).
- Floor coverings in the room(s) are even with no trip hazards.
- The room is accessed either via room 1.06 or the main stairwell.
- The entrance off the stairwell does not have a corridor with a width of 150cm and has a door width of only 72cm. The entrance can be seen in photograph 2.