COVID-19 Information (The University of Edinburgh)
Location of Room(s)
- Elizabeth Templeton Lecture Room is/are located to your right when you exit the lift 1 on the second floor of the building in the New College School of Divinity.
- To view the DisabledGo access guide for New College School of Divinity please click here (new tab).
- Directional and locational signage for the lecture theatre(s) is available in upper and lower case lettering that is clearly visible.
- The corridor outside the lecture theatre(s) is sufficiently wide enough (150cm+) to allow wheelchair users to pass.
- There is step free access into the lecture theatre(s).
- There is/are 5 medium (11cm-17cm) step(s) for access to the lecture theatre(s).
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked and has/have handrails on both sides.
- The door opening width(s) is/are 75cm+ for the lecture theatre(s).
- The door(s) for the lecture theatre(s) is/are not push pad activated.
- There are designated spaces for wheelchair users within the lecture theatre(s).
- The designated spaces for wheelchairs users are located at the front.
- There is level access to the designated seating from an entrance.
- There is space for an assistance dog.
- There is step free access to the speaker's area at the front of the lecture theatre(s).
- There is staggered seating within the lecture theatre(s).
- The steps to the staggered seating do not have handrails.
- There is a hearing assistance system for the lecture theatre(s).
- There is not a visual fire alarm beacon in the lecture theatre(s).
- There is not fixed furniture within the lecture theatre(s).
- There is sufficient space for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre within the lecture theatre(s).
- The clear floor space beneath tables in the lecture theatre(s) ranges between 68cm and 70cm.
- A height adjustable table/bench is available.
- There is a/are chair(s) with armrests on both sides within the lecture theatre(s).
- Floor coverings in the lecture theatre(s) are even with no trip hazards.
Lift (Second Floor Platform Lift (6))
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located in front of you when you exit lift 1 - main lift on the second floor.
- The lift is a platform lift.
- The platform lift accesses a small level change.
- The weight limit for the lift is 225kg 2 persons.
- The lift is approximately 2m (2yd 7in) from the lift 1.
- The clear door width is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The lift door is manual, opens outwards and is easy to open.
- The dimensions of the lift are 118cm x 135cm (3ft 10in x 4ft 5in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does not have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The lift does not have a hearing enhancement system.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is good.
- There is no door to exit the lift on the lower level, however there is a small ramp.