Show Easy Read
- The venue is situated within the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Manchester.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Ardwick.
- Burkhardt is located on the Victoria Park Campus.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 83cm (2ft 9in) wide.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G - 3.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting level is bright.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- There is not a lift for public use.
Location of Accessible Accommodation
- The establishment provides 0 accessible accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate accessible bathroom.
Ground Floor Rooms
- Ground floor rooms do not have level access.
- Although there are no adapted rooms available within this block, rooms can be adapted to the needs of individual students by prior consultation with the Disability Support Office.
- Vibrating pillows can be requested through the Disability Support Office.
- The accommodation in Burkhardt has a common room which is equipped with chairs and a TV.
- There are shared kitchen facilities and the worktop is at a height of 89 cm.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
- Arrangements can be made for parking for disabled people.
- Please contact the University for further details.