COVID-19 Information (University of Manchester)
- The venue is situated within the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Manchester.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Ardwick.
- Canterbury Court is located on the Victoria Park Campus.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
Outside Access (Alworthy Block Entrance)
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are double width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 154cm (5ft) wide.
Level Change (Alworthy Block Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located leading up to the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The width of the ramp or slope is 154cm (5ft).
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G - 2.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting level is bright.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- There is not a lift for public use.
Location of Accessible Accommodation
- The establishment provides 1 accessible accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate accessible bathroom.
- The accessible facilities are located in the ground floor corridor.
- The bed is 48cm (1ft 7in) high.
- The measurement between the bed base and floor is 28cm (0ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the bathroom are 250cm x 230cm (8ft 2in x 7ft 7in).
- The door opens outwards.
- There is not a functional emergency alarm in the bathroom.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 46cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm in height.
- There is a sink.
- The height of the sink is 72cm (2ft 4in).
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- The measurement of lateral transfer space is 100cm (3ft 3in).
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- Wall mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet pan the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There are mirrors.
- The mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
Bath and Shower
- There is a bath.
- The height of the side of the bath from floor level is 54.
- The tap type is twist/turn.
- There is a shower over the bath.
- The type of shower controls used is push.
Wheel In Shower
- There is not a wheel in shower.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible bathroom
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor in the bathroom is good.
Ground Floor Rooms
- Ground floor rooms do not have level access.
- The height of the shower control is 58cms.The height of the desk is 66cm.
- Vibrating pillows can be requested through the Disability Support Office.
- The accommodation in Canterbury Court has a common room which is equipped with a dedicated bar, sound system, chairs, tables a TV/DVD, vending machines and a pool table.
- There are shared kitchen facilities and the worktop is at a height of 90cm.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.