Show Easy Read
- The venue is situated within the centre of the village.
- This venue is situated in Purfleet.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Purfleet.
- Monday 12:00 - 22:00.
- Tuesday 12:00 - 22:00.
- Wednesday 12:00 - 22:00.
- Thursday 12:00 - 22:00.
- Friday 12:00 - 22:00.
- Saturday 12:00 - 22:00.
- Sunday 12:00 - 22:00.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 1 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 300cm x 480cm (9ft 10in x 15ft 9in).
- The nearest designated bay is 5m (16ft 5in) from the pub main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
Drop off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the venue.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The door(s) is/are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 160cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is/are double width but one door is locked.
- The door(s) is/are permanently held open.
- The width of the door opening is 110cm.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- There is level access to the service.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played in the bar.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Lighting levels are varied.
- Customers cannot charge scooters or wheelchairs at the venue.
- Some additional seating is in a raised area, via 1 medium step.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the restaurant/bar.
- Some chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is 8m (26ft 3in) from the main entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 38cm (1ft 3in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 106cm (3ft 6in).
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Menus are hand held only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is pub food.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting level is medium.
- The services on the floors which are not accessible are additional seating and standard toilets.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 1m (3ft 3in) from the pub main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located on the left, after the main entrance.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from staff.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 91cm (2ft 12in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 193cm x 195cm (6ft 4in x 6ft 5in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 123cm (4ft).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 45cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is not a toilet roll holder.
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female Toilet(s)
- The female toilets are located along the corridor at the back of the venue.
- The female toilets are 15m (16yd) from the pub main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female toilet.
Access to Standard Male Toilet(s)
- The male toilets are located along the corridor at the back of the venue.
- The male toilets are 16m (17yd) from the pub main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the male toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are not located within the venue.
- There is a moderate step to access the male standard toilets.
- Additional standard toilets are located on the 1st floor.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.
- Plastic cups are available.
- Plastic cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available on request.
- Children are welcomed until 9pm if accompanied by an adult.