- The information in this section was taken in October 2020.
- UCLH are doing everything they can to keep you safe.
Below is some information about what they are doing and what you will find during your visit –
- UCLH will care for you outside of hospital settings where possible, by offering telephone of video consultations.
- The hospitals have one-way systems in place to keep everyone as socially distanced as possible. Please follow these routes and use the designated entrances and exits
- Any patients who have COVID-19 or are suspected to have COVID19 will be using a different route in and out of the hospitals.
- You will be asked to clean your hands with hand sanitiser as soon as you arrive. There are hand sanitising stations throughout the hospitals.
- You will be asked to wear a face mask or face covering while you are on the hospital premises.
- All staff are wearing face masks throughout the hospitals.
- For some appointments, staff may wear more protective equipment than you are used to.
- UCLH have limited the number of people using the lifts at any one time so you may want to allow extra time for your appointment. If it is possible for you to use the stairs instead, please do so.
- You will find in seating areas there is signage on which chairs to use, this is to help keep people socially distanced.
- UCLH have made all of these changes to ensure that they can continue to do what we do best, caring for you safely.
If you want to find out more about what UCLH are doing to keep you safe from COVID-19, please visit their website www.uclh.nhs.uk .
Getting To The Hospital
- If you are driving to the MacMillan Cancer Centre please be aware it is located within the congestion zone and only limited on street Blue Badge parking is available.
- On street Blue Badge parking bays are located in front of the Macmillan Cancer Centre on Huntley Street.
- The following buses are used to access the Macmillan Cancer Centre: Tottenham Court Road - Northbound (Warren Street station) - no's 10, 73, 24, 29, 134. Gower Street - Southbound (University Street) - no's 10, 24, 29, 73, 134. Euston Road - no's 18, 27, 30, 88. Warren Street (bus stop W) – no's 18 and 205.
- The nearest National Rail station is Euston.
- Warren Street (Northern / Victoria Lines) and Euston Square (Circle / Hammersmith & City / Metropolitan Lines) are the closest tube stations to the Macmillan Cancer Centre. The tube stations are located at opposite ends of the hospital main building. Traffic light controlled pedestrian crossing points are located adjacent to each tube station. Euston Square station has lift access from the platform to the street.
- This link takes you to the Macmillan Cancer Centre page with information on travelling to the hospital. Travel information is subject to change. Please check the latest information before planning your journey.
- To view the web page described above click here (opens in new tab).
- Comments View
Getting Help and Assistance
- There is not a Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) at the hospital.
- There are volunteers available for help and assistance at the hospital.
- Volunteers do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Volunteers can be found in the main Atrium.
- BSL interpreters can be provided on request.
- Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- Mobility aids are available to help patients move around and include; wheelchairs.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact the main reception.
Getting To (Outpatients 2)
- Outpatients 2 is/are located on the first floor.
- Access to Outpatients 2 is via the main centre entrance.
- When entering the main centre entrance turn right and continue towards the garden lift. Take the lift to the first floor and on exiting the reception is located on the left.
- There is step free access, via lift, to Outpatients 2.
- Outpatients 2 is approximately 1m from the garden lift.
- Wayfinding signage is provided.
- There is flooring in corridors which is shiny and could cause issues with glare or look slippery to some people.
- There is some flooring in corridors which includes patterns or colours which could be confusing or look like steps or holes to some people.
Outside Access (Main Centre Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on Huntley Street.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is step free access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The main automatic door(s) is/are push pad activated.
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The width of the door opening is 102cm.
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The automatic door(s) is/are push pad activated.
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The width of the door opening is 300cm.
- The single automatic doors are push pad operated.
- Between the two sets of push pad operated doors is an automatic revolving door with an opening width of 152cm.
Other Floors (Reception 1)
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are LG-G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Lift (House Lift)
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located to the left as you enter via the main entrance.
- The lift is approximately 20m (21yd 2ft) from the main centre entrance.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are LG-G-1-2-3-4-5.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 99cm (3ft 3in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 132cm x 150cm (4ft 4in x 4ft 11in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lift does have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- Monday 08:00 - 20:00.
- Tuesday 08:00 - 20:00.
- Wednesday 08:00 - 20:00.
- Thursday 08:00 - 20:00.
- Friday 08:00 - 20:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The clinic reception is located to the left as you exit the lift.
- The reception area/desk is approximately 3m (3yd 10in) from the garden lift.
- The reception area/desk is clearly visible from the lift.
- There is step free access to the reception area/desk.
- The lighting levels at the reception area/desk are medium.
- The height of the reception desk is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- There is not sufficient space to write or sign documents on the desk.
- There is a low section of the desk (76cm or below) available.
- There is not sufficient space to write or sign documents on the low section of the desk.
- There is not a clear knee recess beneath the low section of the desk.
- The desk is staffed.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- The hearing assistance system is not signed.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- This venue does not play background music.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is vinyl/laminate.
- The lighting levels are varied.
Waiting Room / Area
- The vending machine controls are not within 120cm (4ft) from floor level.
- The waiting room / area does not have background music playing.
- There is a television.
- Subtitles are available.
- Vending machines are available.
- A water dispenser is available.
- There is not a play area or toys/books for a child to play with.
- There is space for an assistance dog to rest within the seating area.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Consultation / Treatment Room (Consultations)
- There is level access to the consultation / treatment room.
- There is a/are door(s) into the consultation / treatment room.
- The door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are single width with an open extension leaf.
- The door(s) is/are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- The type of flooring is vinyl/laminate.
- There is room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- There is a bed / couch.
- The bed / couch is adjustable.
- A hoist can be brought in from another department.
- There is sufficient space next to the bed/couch for a mobile hoist to operate.
- There is a chair.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- The chair(s) is not/are not adjustable.
- There are some chairs with armrests available.
- The room does not have background music playing.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- There are accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is located to the right as you exit the lift then right again.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 12m (13yd 4in) from the House lift.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens inwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The door is heavy.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 87cm (2ft 10in).
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 200cm x 310cm (6ft 7in x 10ft 2in).
- The accessible toilet does have an unobstructed minimum turning space of 150cm x 150cm in front of the seat.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 75cm (2ft 6in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a mirror.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a soap dispenser.
- The soap dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the soap dispenser is 103cm.
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is a similar accessible toilet located to the left when exiting the garden lift.
- Baby change facilities are available within this accessible toilet.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The shared toilets that were surveyed are located to the right as you exit the lift and then right again.
- The shared toilet(s) is/are 11m (12yd 1in) from the garden lift.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the shared toilet(s).
- An ambulant toilet with wall mounted grab rails is not available.
- Lighting levels are medium.