Getting To The Hospital
- If you are driving to the MacMillan Cancer Centre please be aware it is located within the congestion zone and only limited on street Blue Badge parking is available.
- On street Blue Badge parking bays are located in front of the Macmillan Cancer Centre on Huntley Street.
- The following buses are used to access the Macmillan Cancer Centre: Tottenham Court Road - Northbound (Warren Street station) - no's 10, 73, 24, 29, 134. Gower Street - Southbound (University Street) - no's 10, 24, 29, 73, 134. Euston Road - no's 18, 27, 30, 88. Warren Street (bus stop W) – no's 18 and 205.
- The nearest National Rail station is Euston.
- Warren Street (Northern / Victoria Lines) and Euston Square (Circle / Hammersmith & City / Metropolitan Lines) are the closest tube stations to the Macmillan Cancer Centre. The tube stations are located at opposite ends of the hospital main building. Traffic light controlled pedestrian crossing points are located adjacent to each tube station. Euston Square station has lift access from the platform to the street.
- This link takes you to the Macmillan Cancer Centre page with information on travelling to the hospital. Travel information is subject to change. Please check the latest information before planning your journey.
- To view the web page described above click here (opens in new tab).
- Comments View
Getting Help and Assistance
- There is not a Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) at the hospital.
- There are volunteers available for help and assistance at the hospital.
- Volunteers do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Volunteers can be found in the main Atrium.
- BSL interpreters can be provided on request.
- Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- Mobility aids are available to help patients move around and include; wheelchairs.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact the main reception.
Getting To (The Pharmacy)
- The Pharmacy is/are located on the ground floor.
- Access to the Pharmacy is via the main centre entrance.
- When entering the main centre entrance turn left and continue towards the lift. The pharmacy is located either side of the lift.
- There is step free access to the Pharmacy.
- The Pharmacy is approximately 21m from the main centre entrance.
- Wayfinding signage is provided.
- There is flooring in corridors which is shiny and could cause issues with glare or look slippery to some people.
Outside Access (Main Centre Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on Huntley Street.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is step free access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The main automatic door(s) is/are push pad activated.
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The width of the door opening is 102cm.
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The automatic door(s) is/are push pad activated.
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The width of the door opening is 300cm.
- The single automatic doors are push pad operated.
- Between the two sets of push pad operated doors is an automatic revolving door with an opening width of 152cm.
- Monday 09:00 - 19:30.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 19:30.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 19:30.
- Thursday 09:00 - 19:30.
- Friday 09:00 - 17:30.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The pharmacy counter is located on the ground floor.
- The counter is approximately 15m (16yd 1ft) from the main centre entrance.
- The counter is clearly visible from the entrance.
- There is step free access to the counter.
- The lighting levels at the counter are medium.
- The height of the counter is high (110cm+).
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the counter.
- There is a low section of the counter (76cm or below) available.
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the low section of the counter.
- There is not a clear knee recess beneath the low section of the counter.
- The counter is staffed.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- There are separate identical desks for prescriptions located either side of the house lift.
- The nearest accessible toilet is located on the ground floor corridor next to patient transport.
- The nearest standard toilets are located on the ground floor corridor next to patient transport.