- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town or city.
- This venue is situated in Aberdeen.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Aberdeen.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located at the front of the building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 1 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 250cm x 450cm (8ft 2in x 14ft 9in).
- Designated parking bays are clearly marked.
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 33m (36yd 3in) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The designated bay is located in the Crombie Johnston car park.
- The main car park for King's Hall is located to the rear of the hall.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The intercom is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 83cm (2ft 9in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- The ramp/slope is located to the right as you face the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located in front of the entrance.
- There is/are 3 step(s) to the area/service.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the step(s).
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- Motorised scooters are welcomed in public parts of the venue.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G, 1 and 2.
- The stairs are located to the left as you enter.
- The stairs are approximately 7m from the main entrance.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- There are manual, heavy, single doors to access the stairwell from the first floor upwards.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are medium (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the right going up.
- There is a landing.
- The area(s)/service(s) on the floors which are not accessible is/are additional rooms on the first and second floors.
Location of Accessible Accommodation
- The establishment provides 1 accessible accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate accessible bathroom.
- The accessible facilities are located next to the link corridor to Crombie Hall.
- The bed is 59cm (1ft 11in) high.
- The measurement between the bed base and floor is 5cm (2in).
- The dimensions of the bathroom are 200cm x 200cm (6ft 7in x 6ft 7in).
- The door opens outwards.
- There is not a functional emergency alarm in the bathroom.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 42cm (1ft 5in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm in height.
- There is a wash basin.
- The height of the wash basin is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- The measurement of lateral transfer space is 10cm (4in).
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- Wall mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet pan the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
Bath and Shower
- There is not a bath.
Wheel In Shower
- There is a wheel in shower.
- The shower head height is fixed.
- The type of shower controls used are twist/turn.
- There is no shower seat .
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible bathroom
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor in the bathroom is good.
- The door for the adapted room is 91 cm wide and opens away from you.
- The standard rooms are accessed via doors 80 cm wide which open away from you.
- The bed is 59 cm high, and the measurement between the floor and the bed is 5 cm.
- The desks are 75 cm high.
- There is a deep step leading into the standard en suite showers.
- Photographs 3-6 show a standard room where there is a deep step into the shower.
- There are not accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
- The nearest accessile toilet is located within Crombie Hall.
- The nearest standard toilet and bay changing facilities are located within Crombie Hall.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service can be requested.