COVID-19 Information (University of Aberdeen)
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town or city.
- This venue is situated in Aberdeen.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Aberdeen.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located true.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 4 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 220cm x 430cm (7ft 3in x 14ft 1in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 15m (16yd 1ft) from the main accessible entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The designated bay detailed here is next to Block 40.
- The other 3 bays are located between the entrances to Blocks 37 and 38.
- These bays are larger, with the dimensions 350 x 600 cm, and are shown in photograph 2.
Outside Access (Block 40)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building, to the right.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The intercom is in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The intercom is at a height of 147cm.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 88cm (2ft 11in).
- The details here are for the entrance to the block with the self-contained accessible flat.
- The other 3 entrances also have moderate ramps, but the ramps to Blocks 37 and 29 are on the left as you face the entrance.
- Block 37 only has 1 step at the entrance and Block 38 has 5 steps.
Level Change (Block 40)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- The ramp/slope is located on the right hand side as you face the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is moderate.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located to the left as you face the entrance.
- There is/are 6 step(s) to the area/service.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on the right going up.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G, 1, 2 and 3.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the right going up.
- There is a landing.
- The area(s)/service(s) on the floors which are not accessible is/are additional flats.
Location of Accessible Accommodation
- The establishment provides 1 accessible accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate accessible bathroom.
- The width of the door to the room is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- The bed is 49cm (1ft 7in) high.
- The measurement between the bed base and floor is 23cm (0ft 9in).
- The dimensions of the bathroom are 206cm x 146cm (6ft 9in x 4ft 9in).
- The door opens inwards.
- There is not a functional emergency alarm in the bathroom.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 42cm (1ft 5in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm in height.
- There is a sink.
- The height of the sink is 82cm (2ft 8in).
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- The measurement of lateral transfer space is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- Wall mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet pan the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
Bath and Shower
- There is not a bath.
Wheel In Shower
- There is a wheel in shower.
- The shower head height is fixed.
- The type of shower controls used are twist/turn.
- The shower seat is no seat.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible bathroom
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor in the bathroom is good.
- The desks are 74 cm high.
- There is a moderate ramp leading into the roll in shower in the adapted rooms.
- One of the adapted rooms is part of a self-contained flat, with an accessible kitchen, which has wider access, a lowered work surface and an accessible sink, shown in photograph 2.
- The other adapted rooms are part of standard flats, which have standard kitchens with doors 76 cm wide and work surfaces 90 cm high.
- The accommodation is arranged into self-catering flats of 5 or 7 rooms, sharing toilets, showers and kitchen. The communal showers are accessed via a deep step.
- There are also 2 rooms in South House with lino floors, suitable for those with carpet and dust allergies.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- The photograph shows the roll in shower in the adapted rooms.