- The information in this section was taken in December 2021.
- The University of Birmingham has developed Covid Risk Assessments for specific buildings; these are displayed in the buildings and centrally held on the University web site. Building managers regularly review the risk assessments and where necessary update them if Government or University guidance changes.
Current information can be found here.
- Related Link -9a Pritchatts Road (Pritchatts House).
- The venue is situated on the Pritchatts Park Village.
- The Village offers a home to over 700 students (both undergraduate and postgraduate) from all over the world, in self-catered accommodation.
- The Village offers a Social Centre with a licensed bar area.
- There is a launderette facility available within 9a Pritchatts Road (Pritchatts House).
- 9 Pritchatts Road offers 18 standard studio flats.
- This venue is located north of the main campus approximately 1 kilometre from the centre of the University.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- The venue is not on a road with a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline Railway Station is University.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There are 0 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The bell is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are double width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 128cm (4ft 2in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- The steps are located in front of the entrance.
- There is / are 2 step(s) to the area / service.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- There is level access to the service.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting level is medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the left going up.
- There is a landing.
- The services on the floors which are not accessible are additional rooms.
- There are also stairs on the far side of the building, by Flat 6. These have a handrail on the right hand side going up for the first 10 steps only, and no landing (shown in photograph 2).
- The establishment provides 0 adapted accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate adapted bathroom.
- Auxiliary Aids - general
- None of the rooms have auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- The accommodation does not provide other auxiliary aids for people with mobility impairments.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in standard rooms.
- Standard Rooms
- Ground Floor Standard Rooms
- Ground floor rooms do have level access.
- The rooms are located in the main corridor.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
- Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors cannot be accessed by lift.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are not Text Relay aware.