Show Easy Read
- Related Link -9a Pritchatts Road (Pritchatts House).
- The venue is situated on the Pritchatts Park Village.
- The Village offers a home to over 700 students (both undergraduate and postgraduate) from all over the world, in self-catered accommodation.
- The Village offers a Social Centre with a licensed bar area.
- There is a launderette facility available within 9a Pritchatts Road (Pritchatts House).
- 9 Pritchatts Road offers 18 standard studio flats.
- This venue is located north of the main campus approximately 1 kilometre from the centre of the University.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- The venue is not on a road with a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline Railway Station is University.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There are 0 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The bell is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are double width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 128cm (4ft 2in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- The steps are located in front of the entrance.
- There is / are 2 step(s) to the area / service.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- There is level access to the service.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting level is medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the left going up.
- There is a landing.
- The services on the floors which are not accessible are additional rooms.
- There are also stairs on the far side of the building, by Flat 6. These have a handrail on the right hand side going up for the first 10 steps only, and no landing (shown in photograph 2).
- The establishment provides 0 adapted accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate adapted bathroom.
- Auxiliary Aids - general
- None of the rooms have auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- The accommodation does not provide other auxiliary aids for people with mobility impairments.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in standard rooms.
- Standard Rooms
- Ground Floor Standard Rooms
- Ground floor rooms do have level access.
- The rooms are located in the main corridor.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
- Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors cannot be accessed by lift.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are not Text Relay aware.