- Services / facilities within the building include a sports hall on the lower ground floor, vacant offices, and washing and changing facilities.
- The venue is situated on the Eastern side of the dual carriageway that divides the Selly Oak campus at the heading south.
- The venue is not on a road with a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline Railway Station is Selly Oak.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- This venue does not have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
- Parking is available in front of Selly Oak Visual Arts Centre.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 0 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The intercom is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are double width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 160cm (5ft 3in) wide.
- The reception desk is 9m (29ft 6in) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- Lighting levels are low.
- The reception desk is high height.
- The desk has a lowered section.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- Lighting levels are varied.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are LG-G-1-2.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting level is low.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is not a landing.
- The services on the floors which are not accessible are vacant offices.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located at the stairs leading to the lower ground floor.
- The lift is a platform lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are LG-G.
- The lift is 7m (22ft 12in) from main entrance.
- Staff do need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The dimensions of the lift are 88cm x 98cm (2ft 11in x 3ft 3in).
- The lift does not have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The lift controls do not have Braille markings.
- The lift controls do not have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within reach for a wheelchair user.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- The lift was out of order at the time of survey.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 6m (19ft 8in) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located on the left as you enter within the standard toilets.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is not a unisex toilet.
- This is the male toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens inwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 78cm (2ft 7in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 152cm x 198cm (4ft 12in x 6ft 6in).
- Floor manoeuvring space is clear in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not a functional emergency alarm available.
- No emergency alarm fitted in the cubicle.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is not a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on the left.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are mirrors in the accessible toilet.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 44cm (1ft 5in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The toilet roll holder is 105cm (3ft 5in) high.
- There is a sink.
- The sink cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- Lighting levels are low.
- There is a female adapted toilet in the standard toilets which has similar measurements.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located on the left as you enter.
- The female and male toilets are 4m (13ft 1in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Standard Changing Room
- There are standard changing rooms available.
- The standard changing rooms are located next to the main hall.
- The standard changing room is 30m (33yd) from the lift/stairs.
- The standard changing room is 4m (13ft 1in) from the main hall.
- There is level access to the standard changing rooms.
- There are standard level access shower facilities available.
- The showers are located within the standard changing rooms.
- There is level access to the services from the shower facilities.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are not Text Relay aware.