COVID-19 Information (University of Central Lancashire)
- Services / facilities within the building include Art and Design Studios.
- Monday 07:30 - 21:00.
- Tuesday 07:30 - 21:00.
- Wednesday 07:30 - 21:00.
- Thursday 07:30 - 21:00.
- Friday 07:30 - 20:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The building closes an hour earlier each day during vacations.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in City Campus Preston.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Preston.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
Parking (Harris Car Park)
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located to the side of the building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 3 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 300cm x 400cm (9ft 10in x 13ft 1in).
- Designated parking bays are clearly marked.
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 23m (25yd 6in) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 31m (33yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- A permit is required to park on university car parks.
- For further details on parking on campus please see the University How To Find Us page.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 100cm (3ft 3in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located on the approach to the main entrance.
- The ramp/slope is moderate.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Customers cannot charge scooters or wheelchairs at the venue.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-M.
- There are 14 steps between floors.
- The lighting level is medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the left going up.
- There is not a landing.
- The services on the floors which are not accessible are staff offices.
- There are accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is tactile, pictorial, written text and Braille signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 6m (6yd 1ft) from the entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located to the left as you enter.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 160cm x 230cm (5ft 3in x 7ft 7in).
- There is a clear 150cm x 150cm manoeuvring space in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 68cm (2ft 3in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency pull cord alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are open waste paper bin disposal units.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The toilet seat colour contrast is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is fair.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located to the left of the main entrance as you enter.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 5m (5yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.