- Services / facilities within the building include self-catered student accommodation.
- Ailsa House is located on Docklands Campus, at the far right hand corner of University Square as you enter from Cyprus DLR station.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in London.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Stratford.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- Cyprus DLR station is located at the main entrance to Docklands Campus.
- The nearest parking bays are outside the Knowledge Dock.
- Parking on campus is for Permit Holders only.
- Blue Badge holding staff and students need to apply for a permit to park here. Visitors need to apply for a temporary permit in advance.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The intercom is in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open towards you (pull).
- The doors are single width.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The door opening is 100cm (3ft 3in) wide.
- A residents swipe card is required to access this building.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- The width of the ramp or slope is 190cm (6ft 3in).
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1-2-3.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is not a landing.
- The services / areas on the floors which are not accessible are the rooms on floors 1-2-3.
Location of Accessible Accommodation
- The establishment provides 1 accessible accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate accessible bathroom.
- The accessible facilities are located in the flat directly to the right as you enter.
- The bed is 78cm (2ft 7in) high.
- The measurement between the bed base and floor is 0cm ().
- The dimensions of the bathroom are 260cm x 153cm (8ft 6in x 5ft).
- The door opens outwards.
- There is a functional emergency alarm in the bathroom.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 47cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a sink.
- The height of the sink is 77cm (2ft 6in).
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- The measurement of lateral transfer space is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- Wall mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet pan the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There are mirrors.
- The mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
Bath and Shower
- There is not a bath.
Wheel In Shower
- There is a wheel in shower.
- The type of shower controls used are twist/turn.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible bathroom
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor in the bathroom is good.
Ground Floor Rooms
- Ground floor rooms do have level access.
- Rooms are located in the ground floor flats.
- The desk in the adapted room is 73 cm high.
- The shared kitchen in the flat containing the adapted room has a lowered hob, 77 cm high.
- Flashing and vibrating fire alarms can be fitted in any room, on request.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.