- This route is from Stratford Station main entrance to University Square Stratford (USS).
Outside Access (Stratford Station Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the station.
- There is level access to the service.
- The main doors are open (no doors).
Square Outside Stratford Station
- On leaving the station, turn left and follow the block paving and moderate slope up to the crossing.
Square to Great Eastern Road
- At the top of the slope leading from the station turn left onto Great Eastern Road.
- There are bollards, 118cm wide leading from the top of the square to Great Eastern Road.
Great Eastern Road
- After the bollards continue along Great Eastern Road where you will reach a service road.
- Use the tactile paving to cross the service road.
- This path has a tarmac then block paving surface before becoming tarmac again.
- Along the route there is a dip in the pavement with a slight slope downwards followed by a steep slope upwards (as shown in photographs 3 and 4).
- Continue on the path as it leads to the right to service route 2 crossing.
- Use the dropped kerb and tactile paving to cross service route 2.
Crossing Great Eastern Road
- Immediately after crossing service route 2 use the crossing to the right to cross Great Eastern Road.
- The crossing has dropped kerbs with tactile paving on both sides.
- The road has a tarmac surface.
- After crossing Great Eastern Road continue forward across the brick block paving and cross the cycle lane using the tactile paving.
- After crossing continue to the left on Great Eastern Road.
Great Eastern Road to Theatre Square
- Beyond the crossing the surface is tarmac.
- Continue along the path which has a slight slope leading upwards.
- Follow the tarmac path until reaching Theatre Square.
- Continue through Theatre Square to carry on along Great Eastern Road.
- This surface of the path is brick block paving surface with slight slopes.
- Theatre Square is located on the right.
- Continue ahead to the crossing over Salway Road to University Square.
Salway Road Crossing
- The crossing has tactile paving either side and an even surface leading onto the tarmac road.
- The surface continues as smooth brick block paving after the crossing.
- Turn right after the crossing and continue straight along the path next to University Square building.
Path along the side of University Square
- This path has a block paving surface, with an easy slope leading down towards the car parking area.
- The block paving is uneven in places.
- There are bollards located on each side of the path.
- At the end of the path turn left towards the University Square entrance. The path changes to a brick block paving surface here.
- The University Square entrance is located straight ahead and then on the left.