Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include self-catering accommodation.
- Related link 85 & 89 Gibson Street (Student Accommodation Office).
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Glasgow.
- The nearest National Rail station is Partick.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest underground station is Hillhead.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- On-street parking is for permit holders only.
- Permits for student accommodation has proven difficult in the past, so it may be easier to obtain from the council for a Blue Badge holder.
- There are designated bays for disabled staff, students and visitors across the campus. Please see the University of Glasgow parking notes for further details.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are single (with a locked extension leaf).
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 89cm (2ft 11in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G, 1, 2, 3.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are medium (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the left going up.
- There is a landing.
- The area(s)/service(s) on the floors which are not accessible is/are all rooms and facilities.
- The first 4 steps do not offer a handrail.
- There is not level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Location of Accessible Accommodation
- The establishment provides 0 accessible accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate accessible bathroom.
Auxiliary Aids - General
- Some of the rooms have auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- Available auxiliary aids include flashing alarms and vibrating pillows.
- Flashing fire alarms are available on request.
- Vibrating fire alarms are available on request.
- The accommodation does not provide other auxiliary aids for people with mobility impairments.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in standard rooms.
Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors cannot be accessed by lift.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
- There are 7 rooms on each of the 3 floors here.
- There are 4 single rooms and 3 twin rooms on each floor.
- Accessible toilet facilities are not available.
- Shower facilities are available.
- The shower(s) surveyed is/are located off the main corridor.
- There is not level access to the services from the shower facilities.
- There is a deep step into the shower.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
- There are unisex standard toilets facilities on the first floor, the second floor and the third floor.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The shared toilets that were surveyed are located off the main corridor.
- The shared toilet(s) is/are approximately 6m (6yd 1ft) from the stairs.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the shared toilet(s).
- Lighting levels are medium.
Emergency Evacuation Information
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service can be requested.