- The information in this section was taken in December 2020.
- Opening times may be subject to change due to restrictions, please see local communications for more details.
- Access routes have been risk assessed and reviewed in all buildings.
- In high footfall areas e.g. Library, Food retail, Sports Centre, Student Hub etc staff have been positioned to manage entry and provide relevant COVID guidance.
- Hand sanitisers are located at all building entrances, toilets, breakout areas and food retail areas. Extra provision has been made in specific specialist areas.
- There has been a reduction in the number of users buildings can accommodate at any one time.
- COVID-19 signage has been installed throughout.
- All main reception desks & service counters now have a protective screen.
- Toilets are available.
- All accessible toilets and Changing Places are still available.
- Some urinals and cubicles in standard toilets have closed to assist with social distancing.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- To see a video of the COVID-19 measures that are in place please click here.
- Services / facilities within the building include University of Lincoln offices, Department of Social Work offices, Hull York Medical School - Reproductive Medicine Unit, seminar rooms and offices.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in the Hull Campus.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Hull.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- Within the University of Hull - Hull Campus there are 4 main car parks.
- These are Salmon Grove, Wilberforce, Hertford and Perimeter Road.
- All of the car parks require a permit except for Wilberforce which is pay and display.
- The nearest Blue Badge parking is located between University House and Wilberforce.
- There are 4 bays which are 5m x 4m.
- The nearest main car park is Wilberforce.
- For further details on parking on campus please see the University website parking page.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The width of the door opening is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- Only the right hand door is automatic.
- The door on the left is the same width but is manual, heavy and opens away from you.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located leading up to the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is moderate.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Customers can charge scooters or wheelchairs at the venue.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are -1, G, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
- The stairs are located to the right as you enter through the main entrance.
- The stairs are approximately 14m from the main entrance.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- There are intermediate levels between the floors that can only be accessed from the main stairwell.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located at the far end of the foyer.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are -1, G, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
- The lift is approximately 10m (10yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 130cm x 105cm (4ft 3in x 3ft 5in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The lift does not have a hearing loop system.
- The lift does have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 6m (6yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located directly ahead as you enter the building.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 92cm (3ft).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 300cm x 230cm (9ft 10in x 7ft 7in).
- There is a clear 150cm x 150cm manoeuvring space in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 160cm (5ft 3in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency pull cord alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are female sanitary disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 50cm (1ft 8in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the toilet roll holder is 102cm (3ft 4in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The toilet seat colour contrast is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located on intermediate levels.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 5m (5yd 1ft) from the lift entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.