Show Easy Read
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Canterbury.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest National Rail station is Canterbury West.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located outside E and H Blocks.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 5 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 360cm x 600cm (11ft 10in x 19ft 8in).
- Designated parking bays are clearly marked.
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 52m (56yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 64m (69yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located facing the central courtyard.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The intercom is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The width of the door opening is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- A swipe card is required to operate this door.
- There are 10 blocks located at this site, with similar access.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- There is a push pad operated automatic door, 86cm wide, which opens towards you in the corridor.
- This door leads to other floors with accessible rooms.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1-2-3.
- The stairs are located off the entrance foyer.
- The stairs are approximately 4m from the main entrance.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The area(s)/service(s) on the floors which are not accessible is/are the accommodation on floors 1-3.
Location of Accessible Accommodation
- The establishment provides 2 accessible accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate accessible bathroom.
- There is level access from an accessible entrance.
- The room number viewed was C1a.
- The width of the door to the room is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the clear floor space are 190cm x 500cm (6ft 3in x 16ft 5in).
- Light switches are within 120cm (4ft) from floor level.
- There is not a functional emergency alarm in the room.
- It is tied up and out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor).
- Other accessible facilities available in the bedroom are push pad automatic doors at the entrance to the room and the ensuite, electrically height adjustable bed and electrically operated blinds.
- Other accessible facilities available in the accommodation are a height adjustable workstation with sink and hob in the kitchen.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in accessible accommodation.
- The information relates to the ensuite.
- The dimensions of the bathroom are 225cm x 230cm (7ft 5in x 7ft 7in).
- The door opens outwards.
- The width of the door to the bathroom is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- There is a functional emergency alarm in the bathroom.
- The door is locked by a (no lock).
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm in height.
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- There is a mixer tap.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- The measurement of lateral transfer space is 130cm (4ft 3in).
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- Wall mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet pan the wall mounted grab rails are on the right.
- There are mirrors.
- The mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- Disposal facilities are not available.
Bath and Shower
- There is not a bath.
Wheel In Shower
- There is a wheel in shower.
- The shower head height is adjustable.
- The type of shower controls used are lever.
- There is a shower chair.
- There are handrails available.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible rooms
- The colour contrast between the external room door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The colour contrast between the internal room door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between external ensuite / bathroom door and wall is poor.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible bathroom
- The colour contrast between the internal bathroom door and wall is poor.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor in the bathroom is poor.
- The colour contrast between the drop down rails and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the grab rails and wall is good.
- Lighting levels are adjustable.
Auxiliary Aids - General
- None of the rooms have auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- The accommodation does provide other auxiliary aids for people with mobility impairments.
- Available mobility auxiliary aids include ceiling tracking hoists are available.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in standard rooms.
- There is / are 2 accessible room(s) with a wheel in shower.
Ground Floor Rooms
- Ground floor rooms do have level access.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors cannot be accessed by lift.
- The ceiling track hoist covers the bed and the transfer space next to it.
- The toilet is a Closomat wash-dry facility.
- Adaptations are made to accessible rooms to meet the need of each resident.
- There is also an accessible room in F Block and an accessible studio flat in J Block.
- Both of these rooms contain wheel in showers.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are not Text Relay aware.