- The information in this section was taken in November 2020.
- There have been no changes to the parking available.
- Some sites have implemented new one way systems.
- Additional hand sanitising stations have been installed at the majority of block entrances, main entrances and exit routes in every residence.
- The introduction of hand sanitising stations may have reduced the maneuvering space in lobby areas. There are freestanding and wall mounted hand sanitisers throughout the residences. The height of the freestanding hand sanitisers is 99cm. The height of the wall mounted hand sanitisers is 101cm.
- Restrictions are in place for the number of students able to use common rooms and gyms etc.. These numbers are highlighted using posters and gyms are on a booking system only.
- Markings have been added to floors to assist with social distancing and signs have been installed on walls and doors to remind people to keep 2 metres apart.
- Bollard comms and some lift doors have also been branded with Covid-19 information.
- Protective screens have been installed at the main reception desk at every one of the owned and managed UOL residences.
- There have been no changes to the toilet facilities.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- The venue is situated within the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Leeds.
- The nearest mainline station is Leeds.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There are 0 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the rear of the building on the ground floor.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 92cm (3ft 0in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located leading to the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The width of the ramp or slope is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- There is level access to the service.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Lighting levels are varied.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1-2.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting level is medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the left going up.
- There is a landing.
- The services on the floors which are not accessible are additional offices.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 8m (26ft 3in) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located on the left as you enter.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 170cm x 240cm (5ft 7in x 7ft 10in).
- Floor manoeuvring space is clear in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 94cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is not a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is a functional emergency alarm available.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are not mirrors in the accessible toilet.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The towel dispenser is 105cm (3ft 5in) high.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The toilet roll holder is 108cm (3ft 7in) high.
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located on the first floor landing.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the female and male toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- Staff are not Text Relay aware.
- A member of staff with British Sign Language or an interpreter can be provided on request.