- The information in this section was taken in November 2020.
- There have been no changes to the parking available.
- Some sites have implemented new one way systems.
- Additional hand sanitising stations have been installed at the majority of block entrances, main entrances and exit routes in every residence.
- The introduction of hand sanitising stations may have reduced the maneuvering space in lobby areas.
- Restrictions are in place for the number of students able to use common rooms and gyms etc.. These numbers are highlighted using posters and gyms are on a booking system only.
- Markings have been added to floors to assist with social distancing and signs have been installed on walls and doors to remind people to keep 2 metres apart.
- Bollard comms and some lift doors have also been branded with Covid-19 information.
- Protective screens have been installed at the main reception desk at every one of the owned and managed UOL residences.
- There have been no changes to the toilet facilities.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Services / facilities within the building include catered student accommodation in 2 buildings.
- Related link Devonshire Hall Old Hall (Main Building).
- Related link Devonshire Hall Old Hall (Conference Facilities and Public Areas).
- Related link Devonshire Hall Grosvenor Court.
- The main reception for these buildings is located in the Devonshire Hall Old Hall (Main Building).
- Catered residents take their meals in the dining room in the Hain Hall.
- Please see the separate guide for Devonshire Hall Old Hall (Conference Facilities and Public Areas) for more details.
- The Main Hall also contains a bar open to all Devonshire Hall residents and their guests.
- To view the campus map or for information on how to get to the campus please click here.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Leeds.
- The venue is situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Burley Park.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- Parking is available outside the Devonshire Hall Old Hall (Main Building), on the opposite side of Cumberland Road, or outside Devonshire Hall Grosvenor Court, next to these buildings.
- Please see the separate guides for these buildings for more information.
- There is an area to drop off outside by buildings, shown in the photograph.
Outside Access (Elmfield Lodge Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The bell is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 94cm (3ft 1in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- The steps are located in front of the entrance.
- There is / are 2 step(s) to the area / service.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do not have handrails.
- There is level access to the service.
- Lighting levels are varied.
- Rooms 3 and 4 in Springhill House are accessed by medium steps.
- These buildings provides 0 adapted accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate adapted bathroom.
- Most ground floor rooms do have level access.
- None of the rooms have auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors cannot be accessed by lift.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in standard rooms.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
- The photograph shows one of the shared kitchens.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1-2.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting level is medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the right going up.
- There is not a landing.
- The services on the floors which are not accessible are additional standard rooms.
- The details here are for the main stairs in Elmfield Lodge.
- There is also a set of stairs by the main entrance which has the handrail on the left hand side going up (shown in photograph 2).
- There are similar stairs in Springhill House.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are not Text Relay aware.