Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include seminar rooms.
- Related link Thompson Yates Building.
- This building can be accessed via the Thompson Yates Building.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in North Campus.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Liverpool Lime Street.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located in the Quadrangle next to the Harrison Hughes Building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 4 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 350cm x 500cm (11ft 6in x 16ft 5in).
- Designated parking bays are clearly marked.
- The nearest designated bay is 45m (49yd 8in) from the main entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 65m (71yd 3in) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There are bollards en route to the building from the car park measuring 170cm.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 140cm (4ft 7in).
- This entrance needs a swipe card and leads into the lower ground floor of the Johnston Building.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Customers cannot charge scooters or wheelchairs at the venue.
Level Change (Ground Floor Foyer)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located on the ground floor corridor.
- The ramp/slope is moderate.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on the left going up.
- There is an identical ramp on the first floor leading to Divisional Secretaries Admissions Unit and on the second floor leading to Postgraduate and CPD Unit School Office.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are B-LG-G-1-2-3.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- There are manual, heavy, single doors to access the stairwell from the first floor upwards.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the left going up.
- There is a landing.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located to the right as you enter the main entrance.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are B-LG-G-1-2-3.
- Wall mounted information boards are not provided at lift landings.
- There are manual, heavy, double doors to access the lift lobby on all floors.
- The lift is approximately 12m (13yd 4in) from the main entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 110cm x 150cm (3ft 7in x 4ft 11in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The lift does not have a hearing loop system.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- There are accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is no signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 16m (17yd 1ft) from the lift.
- This accessible toilet is located off the second floor corridor within the standard female toilet.
- There is also an accessible toilet within the male toilet on the ground floor and in the basement.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
- This is by lift.
Features and Dimensions
- This is not a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 162cm x 210cm (5ft 4in x 6ft 11in).
- There is a clear 150cm x 150cm manoeuvring space in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not an emergency pull cord alarm in the cubicle.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are female sanitary disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 50cm (1ft 8in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the towel dispenser is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the wash basin is 78cm (2ft 7in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The toilet seat colour contrast is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
- There are male and female standard toilets facilities on the basement floor and the ground floor.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located off the ground floor main corridor.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 8m (8yd 2ft) from the lift.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- This is by lift.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Staff do not receive Deaf Awareness training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.