Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include self-catered student accommodation in 15 houses.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in the South Campus.
- The venue is situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Liverpool Lime Street.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is next to Tudor House 1.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 0 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Tudor Close 1)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the house.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are light.
- The door opening is 82cm (2ft 8in) wide.
Level Change (Tudor Close 1)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The width of the ramp or slope is 102cm (3ft 4in).
- There is similar access to all other houses, except 13-15, which are accessed by 7 medium steps or a moderate ramp, shown in photograph 2.
- There is level access to the service.
- Lighting levels are varied.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 13 steps between floors.
- The lighting level is medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the left going up.
- There is not a landing.
- The services on the floors which are not accessible are standard rooms.
- There are similar stairs in all other houses.
Location of Accessible Accommodation
- The establishment provides 0 accessible accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate accessible bathroom.
- The accessible facilities are located in Tudor Close 1 on the ground floor.
- There is level access from an accessible entrance.
- The width of the door to the room is 78cm (2ft 7in).
- Other accessible facilities available in the accommodation are a lowered surface in the shared kitchen, 80cm high, containing a sink and hob.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in accessible accommodation.
- The information relates to the shared bathroom.
- The dimensions of the bathroom are 140cm x 192cm (4ft 7in x 6ft 4in).
- The door opens sliding.
- The width of the door to the bathroom is 75cm (2ft 6in).
- The door weight is heavy.
- There is not a functional emergency alarm in the bathroom.
- No emergency alarm is fitted in the bathroom.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 43cm (1ft 5in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm in height.
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the wash basin is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- There is not a mixer tap.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- The measurement of lateral transfer space is 60cm (1ft 12in).
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is not a flush on the transfer side.
- Wall mounted grab rails are not available.
- There are mirrors.
- The mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- Disposal facilities are not available.
Wheel In Shower
- There is a wheel in shower.
- The shower head height is adjustable.
- The type of shower controls used are lever.
- The shower seat is flip down.
- The shower seat height is 55cm (1ft 10in).
- There are handrails available.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible bathroom
- The colour contrast between the internal bathroom door and wall is poor.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor in the bathroom is fair.
- The colour contrast between the drop down rails and wall is fair.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Auxiliary Aids - General
- Some of the rooms have auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- Available auxiliary aids include flashing alarms and vibrating pillows.
- Flashing fire alarms are in rooms.
- Vibrating fire alarms are in rooms.
- The accommodation does not provide other auxiliary aids for people with mobility impairments.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in standard rooms.
Ground Floor Rooms
- Ground floor rooms do have level access.
- None of these rooms are accessed by platform lift.
- Rooms are located in all houses.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors cannot be accessed by lift.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are not Text Relay aware.