Show Easy Read
- Related link Electrical Engineering Block A.
- This building is accessed via Electrical Engineering Block A.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in the North Site.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Liverpool Lime Street.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located at the side of the building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 2 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 470cm x 500cm (15ft 5in x 16ft 5in).
- Designated parking bays are clearly marked.
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 15m (16yd 1ft) from the entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 35m (38yd 10in) from the entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Block B Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the rear of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 160cm (5ft 3in).
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Customers cannot charge scooters or wheelchairs at the venue.
Link to Block A
- There are heavy double doors that open towards you on the ground floor that link into Block A.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1-2-3.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
Teaching/Seminar Room(s) (205 Lecture Room E5)
- Directional and locational signage for the room(s) is available in upper and lower case lettering that is clearly visible.
- The corridor outside the room(s) is not sufficiently wide enough (150cm+) to allow wheelchair users to pass.
- There is step free access into the room(s).
- The door opening width(s) is/are 75cm+ for the room(s).
- The door(s) for the room(s) is/are not push pad activated.
- There is not a hearing assistance system for the room(s).
- There is not a visual fire alarm beacon in the room(s).
- There is fixed furniture within the room(s).
- There is sufficient space for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre within the room(s).
- The clear floor space beneath tables in the room(s) is 69cm.
- A height adjustable table/bench is not available.
- There are no chairs with armrests on both sides within the room(s).
- Floor coverings in the room(s) are even with no trip hazards.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located at the rear of the building.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G-1-2-3.
- Wall mounted information boards are not provided at lift landings.
- The lift is approximately 41m (44yd 2ft) from the Block B entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 110cm x 165cm (3ft 7in x 5ft 5in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The lift does not have a hearing loop system.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is low.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located on the second floor.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 29m (31yd 2ft) from the lift.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- This is by lift.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Staff do not receive Deaf Awareness training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.