- The venue is situated within the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Plymouth.
- The venue is situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Plymouth.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The car parking is a shared facility used by permit holders only for residents of all halls.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There are 4 designated parking bays available in the car park.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 86cm (2ft 10in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located leading to the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- There is level access to the service.
- Lighting levels are varied.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
Location of Accessible Accommodation
- The establishment provides 2 accessible accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate accessible bathroom.
- This information refers to Flat 6.
- The accessible facilities are located on the ground floor.
- There is level access from an accessible entrance.
- The room number viewed was 621.
- The width of the door to the room is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The dimensions of the clear floor space are 156cm x 270cm (5ft 1in x 8ft 10in).
- The bed is 62cm (2ft) high.
- The measurement between the bed base and floor is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- Light switches are not within 120cm (4ft) from floor level.
- There is a functional emergency alarm in the room.
- Other accessible facilities available in the bedroom are automatic doors into the flat and the accessible rooms.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in accessible accommodation.
- The information relates to the ensuite.
- The dimensions of the bathroom are 170cm x 205cm (5ft 7in x 6ft 9in).
- The door opens outwards.
- The width of the door to the bathroom is 88cm (2ft 11in).
- The door weight is light.
- There is a functional emergency alarm in the bathroom.
- The door is locked by a (no lock).
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 44cm (1ft 5in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm in height.
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the wash basin is 76cm (2ft 6in).
- There is a mixer tap.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- The measurement of lateral transfer space is 135cm (4ft 5in).
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- Wall mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet pan the wall mounted grab rails are on the right.
- There are mirrors.
- The mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- Disposal facilities are not available.
Wheel In Shower
- There is a wheel in shower.
- The shower head height is adjustable.
- The type of shower controls used are twist/turn.
- The shower seat is flip down.
- The shower seat height is 40cm (1ft 4in).
- There are handrails available.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible rooms
- The colour contrast between the external room door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The colour contrast between the internal room door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between external ensuite / bathroom door and wall is poor.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible bathroom
- The colour contrast between the internal bathroom door and wall is poor.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor in the bathroom is good.
- The colour contrast between the drop down rails and wall is poor.
- The colour contrast between the grab rails and wall is poor.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Auxiliary Aids - General
- Some of the rooms have auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- Available auxiliary aids include flashing alarms and vibrating pillows.
- Flashing fire alarms are available on request.
- Vibrating fire alarms are available on request.
- The accommodation does provide other auxiliary aids for people with mobility impairments.
- Other auxiliary aids available are Stand alone door knock alerting devices, with flashing strobe for hearing impaired which can used in any room.
- There is / are 2 accessible room(s) with a wheel in shower.
Ground Floor Rooms
- Ground floor rooms do have level access.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors cannot be accessed by lift.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in ground floor adapted rooms.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1-2-3.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting level is medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.