- The information in this section was taken in December 2020.
- Wherever external queuing is necessary, 2m floor markings have been implemented.
- Student ambassadors are employed to guide people around campus and assist with queue management.
- Hand sanitisers are available at the main entrances and exit points of all buildings, along with main foot flow areas.
- All meeting rooms and social spaces have maximum occupancy on the doors.
- Classrooms and lecture theatres have been timetabled with maximum occupancies considered.
- One way systems have been implemented in most buildings where 2m separation in the corridor cannot be maintained.
- There is clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- Screens have been added at receptions/ all customer facing services and in some computer clusters.
- Alternate sinks in toilets are out of action to maintain social distancing.
- Social distancing signage has installed for toilet facilities.
- Face coverings are to be worn in buildings.
- Track and Trace barcodes are located at every building entrance.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Additional information about the measures in place for Covid-19 can be found here (new tab)
- Services / facilities within the building include Mathematics and Physical Sciences.
- Related link Pevensey II.
- Related link Chichester III.
- This building does not have its own stairs or lift, but is linked to Pevensey II and Chichester III.
- Please see the separate guides to these buildings for access to the other levels.
- Pevensey III does not have a unique postcode. (It receives no postal deliveries).
- The postcode given here, for satellite navigation purposes, is for the adjacent Pevensey I Building.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- The nearest mainline station is Falmer.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
Parking (Car Park 1)
- This car park is only for permit holders and Blue Badge holders only.
- There are no parking charges for permit holders and Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 9 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 3.7m x 4.5m (12ft 1in x 14ft 9in).
- The nearest designated bay is 36m (39yd) from the Pevensey II - III link entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 54m (59yd) from the Pevensey II - III link entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is not accessible to a wheelchair.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There is a steep slope to access the Pevensey II - III link entrance from Car Park 1.
- People who may have difficulty with the slope (as shown in photograph 4) can be dropped off outside the Pevensey II - III link entrance (as shown in Photograph 3).
- For further details on parking on campus please see the University website parking page.
Outside Access (Pevensey II - III Link Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the rear of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
Second set of doors
- The automatic doors are push pad activated.
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The width of the door opening is 76cm (2ft 6in).
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- This entrance gives access to level 3 of the building.
- There is also an entrance leading to level 3 at the front of the building, but this can only be accessed via steps from the North-South Road.
Level Change (Pevensey II - III Link Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Level Change (Level 3)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope does not bypass the step(s).
- The ramp/slope is located directly to the right as you enter.
- The ramp/slope is moderate.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- Please see the guide for Chichester III for details of step free access to levels 4 and 5 from the lift there.
Level Change (Link to Chichester III)
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located at the far end of each level.
- The lighting levels at the step(s) are medium.
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on the left going up.
- Level 3 of this building leads down to level 2 of Chichester III via 3 steps with a handrail on the left going up (shown in photograph 1).
- Level 4 leads down to level 3 of Chichester III via 4 steps with handrails both sides (as shown in photograph 2).
- Level 5 leads down to level 4 via 2 steps with no handrail (shown in photograph 3).
- There are accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial and written text signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 12m (13yd 4in) from the Pevensey II - III link entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located on level 3, at the top of the ramp and past the standard toilets.
- There is not level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens inwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 170cm x 223cm (5ft 7in x 7ft 4in).
- There is not a clear 150cm x 150cm manoeuvring space in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 92cm (3ft).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is sensor.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency pull cord alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are female sanitary and open waste paper bin disposal units.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on the left.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 47cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the toilet roll holder is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the wash basin is 76cm (2ft 6in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The toilet seat colour contrast is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located on level 3, at the top of the ramp.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 7m (7yd 1ft) from the Pevensey II - III link entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are not Text Relay aware.
- To view the fire evacuation plan for Pevensey III please click here.
Deaf Messaging Service
- For more information on the Deaf Messaging Service please click here.