- The information in this section was taken in October 2020.
- UAL is regularly reviewing all access to buildings and facilities in response to the latest government guidance. Check the updates on the Coronavirus: Important Information page to find out more.
- There have been no changes to the parking.
- An external queuing system is in place.
- At peak times the fire exit and entrance/exit (GC03) is used into or from the car park area.
- The fire exit will be staffed when in use.
- Hand sanitisers have been installed in reception areas, near lift lobbies, at staircases, in toilets and at either end of the corridors, where possible near classroom doors.
- Signage has been added to floors and staircases throughout.
- Protective screens have been added to reception desks.
- Some staircases are operating a one way system, others are two way with signage directing users.
- Lift capacities have been reduced.
- Some cubicles and urinals may be closed due to limited sink space.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Related link Camberwell College of Art - Wilson Road - Foundation Building.
- This route plan covers the journey from Denmark Hill Station to Camberwell College of Art Foundation Centre.
- This route is approximately 1.12km (0.7 miles).
- From the station to the college it is almost entirely a moderate downhill slope.
- For those without mobility impairments, it should take approximately 15 minutes to walk.
- It is likely to be challenging to those with mobility difficulties, especially on the return journey uphill.
- Along the route there are some crossings without fully dropped kerbs.
- There are also pedestrian crossings without audible or tactile notification of when/where it is safe to cross.
Start from Denmark Hill Station
- This station is served by National Rail and London Overground trains.
- There are lifts and ramps to give step-free access from all platforms to street level.
- Portable ramps are available to overcome the step from train to platform.
- There are no toilets at this station.
Turn left out of the station onto Champion Hill
- Champion Hill has a long easy uphill slope.
- Look out for narrow sections of pavement past the large street trees (as shown in photographs 1 and 2).
- Continue past a bus stop (shown in photograph 4).
- Continue ahead when the road bends away to the right (shown in photograph 6).
After 180m turn left into Grove Lane
- There is a moderate downhill slope as the pavement curves to the left.
- Continue down Grove Lane.
Just before the junction with Windsor Walk (80m) cross to the opposite side of Grove Lane
- The crossing is marked by tactile paving (as shown in photograph 3).
- The road surface is raised level with the pavement.
- The road surface is block paving.
Turn left for 5m then pass between the green barriers on the right
- The barriers are 95cm at the narrowest point (as shown in photograph 3).
- There is a moderate uphill slope on the path after the barriers (as shown in photograph 4).
After 100m pass between the green barriers onto Camberwell Grove
- Continue ahead 3m to the pedestrian crossing.
Cross to the opposite side of Camberwell Grove then turn left
- There are dropped kerbs with tactile paving at the crossing (as shown in photograph 1).
- The pedestrian crossing has a rotating tactile indicator button.
- It does not have an audible warning signal.
- Continue downhill on Camberwell Grove.
- There are some uneven areas and loose chippings in the pavement around the street trees (as shown in photograph 3).
After 80m cross over Lettsom Street and continue ahead
- There are dropped kerbs with tactile paving at the street crossing (as shown in photograph 1).
- Continue ahead on the moderate downhill slope of Camberwell Grove.
After 120m cross over Grace's Mews
- There are dropped kerbs with small areas of tactile paving at the crossing (as shown in photograph 1).
- Some paving is uneven in this area.
- Continue downhill along Camberwell Grove.
- After 75m there is an access driveway to cross (as shown in photograph 3).
- This is level with the pavement and has small areas of tactile paving.
After 90m cross over Ribbon Dance Mews
- There is tactile paving at the crossing.
- The dropped kerb still leaves a shallow step and the paving is uneven (as shown in photograph 1).
- Continue along Camberwell Grove.
- The pavement may be narrow near street trees and obstructed by bins (as shown in photograph 3).
At the junction with Camberwell Church St (160m) turn right
- The pavement is generally wide and level in this area.
- Pass shops and cafes to the right.
- Continue along Camberwell Church St.
- Take care crossing the unmarked driveway into a housing development (as shown in photograph 3).
Continue along Camberwell Church Street to the junction with Wilson Road (160m)
- St Giles' Church will be on the right (as shown in photograph 2).
- Cross the church driveway, which has shallow kerbs without tactile paving (as shown in photograph 3).
Cross to the opposite side of Wilson Road then turn right
- There are steep dropped kerbs with tactile paving to mark the pedestrian crossing (as shown in photograph 1).
- There is no tactile rotating button or audible warning on this crossing.
- After crossing turn right and continue along Wilson Road with the college wall to the left (as shown in photograph 3).
- There is an unmarked entrance to the college car park on your left (as shown in photograph 4).
After 80m the Foundation Centre entrance gate will be on your left
- The main entrance is directly ahead of the gates.
- The ramp to the entrance is to the left.
- Please see the guide to the Foundation Centre for details.