- The information in this section was taken in October 2020.
- UAL is regularly reviewing all access to buildings and facilities in response to the latest government guidance. Check the updates on the Coronavirus: Important Information page to find out more.
- From October 19th London College of Communication closes at 22:00 and on Saturdays 10:00 - 20:00.
- An external queuing system is in place at the front entrance triangle. Floor stickers and barriers are also in place at the entrance.
- Staff and contractors will access the site via the post entrance to avoid congestion with students.
- There is a one way in, one way out system in place at the main entrance for students. A security guard is situated here for assistance.
- To maintain social distancing there is also a one way in, one way out system in place at the reception, with turnstiles separating each.
- Hand sanitising stations are available in corridor spaces, reception areas, entry and exit doors, lift lobbies, outside toilets and in areas with large traffic. There are also stations located in the canteen, in the library and in all classrooms.
- There is a Track and Trace system in place.
- Currently, 1300 people are allowed on site at any one time.
- There is a one way system in place in areas where the college is able to do so (staircases, entry and exit points and small corridors).
- Directional signage and 'Wait Here' signs have been added to floors and walls to assist people.
- Additional social distancing signs, wall and floor markings, lift restrictions and toilet restrictions are also clearly signed.
- Protective screens have been installed at reception, in the post room and in technical areas.
- Depending on the size of the lift, there is currently a limit of one or two people at any one time. It is advised to use the stairs if possible.
- There are a reduced number of toilets in use on each floor for social distancing reasons, however the toilet door states how many can use the toilet at any one time.
- The changing facilities are limited to one person at a time.
- Everyone who is able to do so is required to wear face masks in communal areas.
- The venue is certified with the 'We’re Good To Go’ COVID-19 industry standard.
- For more information on the 'We're Good to Go' Industry Standard please click here.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- The total distance of the route is approximately 165m.
Leave Elephant and Castle Tube Station and turn left to reach the pedestrian crossing across London Road
- Travel left upon leaving the station to reach the pedestrian crossing across London Road.
- The surface of the pavement is block paving with the occasional manhole cover.
- There is a slight downhill gradient.
After 10m cross London Road via the pedestrian crossing
- There are traffic lights located at the pedestrian crossing.
- There are tactile dropped kerbs on either side of the road.
- There is also a central island which is level with the road.
- The pedestrian crossings pathway is colour contrasted.
- The surface of the road is tarmac.
After 17m turn left to reach St George's Road
- Turn left to reach St George's Road.
- There is a slight downhill gradient.
- The surface of the road is block paving with the occasional manhole cover.
- There are also patches of brick block paving located around planted trees.
After 40m turn right to reach St George's Road pedestrian crossing after 20m and cross
- The surface of the road is a mixture of block and brick block paving.
- There is a slight downhill gradient to reach the pedestrian crossing.
- There are traffic lights and an island at the crossing.
- There are dropped kerbs on either side of the road and the island.
- The path of the crossing is colour contrasted.
After 15m turn left, and after 10m right, to reach the Main Entrance to the London College of Communication after 50m
- Turn left after crossing the road.
- The surface of the pavement is block paving.
- You may need to overcome a section of tactile block paving that is part of the pedestrian crossing.
- Turn right and head to the entrance of the College.
- The surface is block paving.
- There is a slight downhill gradient heading towards the entrance.
- There are benches and trees around this area of pavement.