- The information in this section was taken in October 2020.
- UAL is regularly reviewing all access to buildings and facilities in response to the latest government guidance. Check the updates on the Coronavirus: Important Information page to find out more.
- From October 19th London College of Communication closes at 22:00 and on Saturdays 10:00 - 20:00.
- An external queuing system is in place at the front entrance triangle. Floor stickers and barriers are also in place at the entrance.
- Staff and contractors will access the site via the post entrance to avoid congestion with students.
- There is a one way in, one way out system in place at the main entrance for students. A security guard is situated here for assistance.
- To maintain social distancing there is also a one way in, one way out system in place at the reception, with turnstiles separating each.
- Hand sanitising stations are available in corridor spaces, reception areas, entry and exit doors, lift lobbies, outside toilets and in areas with large traffic. There are also stations located in the canteen, in the library and in all classrooms.
- There is a Track and Trace system in place.
- Currently, 1300 people are allowed on site at any one time.
- There is a one way system in place in areas where the college is able to do so (staircases, entry and exit points and small corridors).
- Directional signage and 'Wait Here' signs have been added to floors and walls to assist people.
- Additional social distancing signs, wall and floor markings, lift restrictions and toilet restrictions are also clearly signed.
- Protective screens have been installed at reception, in the post room and in technical areas.
- Depending on the size of the lift, there is currently a limit of one or two people at any one time. It is advised to use the stairs if possible.
- There are a reduced number of toilets in use on each floor for social distancing reasons, however the toilet door states how many can use the toilet at any one time.
- The changing facilities are limited to one person at a time.
- Everyone who is able to do so is required to wear face masks in communal areas.
- The venue is certified with the 'We’re Good To Go’ COVID-19 industry standard.
- For more information on the 'We're Good to Go' Industry Standard please click here.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- This route plan details the journey from Elephant and Castle Tube Station's Northern Line entrance to the London College of Communication.
- The route from the Bakerloo Entrance can be found in a separate guide.
- It is 80m from the Elephant and Castle Tube Station's Northern Line entrance to the London College of Communication.
Leave Elephant and Castle Tube Station
- Leave Elephant and Castle at the Shopping Centre exit.
- All exits have steps.
Turn right to reach the Newington Butts pedestrian crossing
- The surface of the pavement is block paving.
- There is a slight uphill gradient when heading towards the crossing.
After 10m cross Newington Butts via the pedestrian crossing
- There are traffic lights on both sides of the pedestrian crossing.
- There are tactile dropped kerbs on either side of the road, and either side of the central island.
- The island has a block paved surface.
- The road is tarmac.
- The pathway for the pedestrian crossing is clearly marked.
After 30m head onwards to reach the London College of Communication Main Entrance
- Immediately upon reaching the other side of Newington Butts there is a section of block paving with a slight downhill gradient.
- After a few metres there is tarmac cycle path.
- There is tactile paving on either side.
- Continue onwards until you reach the main entrance to the London College of Communication.