- The information in this section was taken in October 2020.
- UAL is regularly reviewing all access to buildings and facilities in response to the latest government guidance. Check the updates on the Coronavirus: Important Information page to find out more.
- From October 19th London College of Communication closes at 22:00 and on Saturdays 10:00 - 20:00.
- An external queuing system is in place at the front entrance triangle. Floor stickers and barriers are also in place at the entrance.
- Staff and contractors will access the site via the post entrance to avoid congestion with students.
- There is a one way in, one way out system in place at the main entrance for students. A security guard is situated here for assistance.
- To maintain social distancing there is also a one way in, one way out system in place at the reception, with turnstiles separating each.
- Hand sanitising stations are available in corridor spaces, reception areas, entry and exit doors, lift lobbies, outside toilets and in areas with large traffic. There are also stations located in the canteen, in the library and in all classrooms.
- There is a Track and Trace system in place.
- Currently, 1300 people are allowed on site at any one time.
- There is a one way system in place in areas where the college is able to do so (staircases, entry and exit points and small corridors).
- Directional signage and 'Wait Here' signs have been added to floors and walls to assist people.
- Additional social distancing signs, wall and floor markings, lift restrictions and toilet restrictions are also clearly signed.
- Protective screens have been installed at reception, in the post room and in technical areas.
- Depending on the size of the lift, there is currently a limit of one or two people at any one time. It is advised to use the stairs if possible.
- There are a reduced number of toilets in use on each floor for social distancing reasons, however the toilet door states how many can use the toilet at any one time.
- The changing facilities are limited to one person at a time.
- Everyone who is able to do so is required to wear face masks in communal areas.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
Location of Room(s)
- T3 04 is/are located on the third floor of the Tower Block.
- To view the DisabledGo access guide for London College of Communication - Tower Block please click here (new tab).
- Directional and locational signage for the room(s) is available in upper and lower case lettering that is clearly visible.
- The corridor outside the room(s) is not sufficiently wide enough (150cm+) to allow wheelchair users to pass.
- There is step free access into the room(s).
- The door opening width(s) is/are 75cm+ for the room(s).
- The door(s) for the room(s) is/are not push pad activated.
- There is not a hearing assistance system for the room(s).
- There is not a visual fire alarm beacon in the room(s).
- There is not fixed furniture within the room(s).
- There is sufficient space for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre within the room(s).
- The clear floor space beneath tables in the room(s) ranges between 67cm and 71cm.
- A height adjustable table/bench is not available.
- There are no chairs with armrests on both sides within the room(s).
- Floor coverings in the room(s) are even with no trip hazards.