- The information in this section was taken in October 2020.
- UAL is regularly reviewing all access to buildings and facilities in response to the latest government guidance. Check the updates on the Coronavirus: Important Information page to find out more.
- There are external floor markings in place to assist with social distancing.
- There are separate doors for entering and exiting.
- The revolving door at the front is used for entering and the automatic door at the front is used for exiting. Both doors are separated by a barrier.
- If users require the automatic door for access then this can be provided.
- There is a member of staff available at the entrance.
- Hand sanitisers have been installed at both the entrance and exit, also within communal and office areas.
- There is a one way system in place on the second and third floors. Access to these floors is via the main lift lobby, exiting these floors is via the rear lift lobby.
- Restrictions are currently in place for office spaces and classrooms. However, desks and chairs in office spaces and classrooms have been rearranged to allow for social distancing.
- There is clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- Directional and social distancing signage has been installed on walls and floors throughout.
- Protective screens have been installed at reception, in the canteen and in the coffee shop.
- All toilets are operational, however some cubicles have been closed, these are clearly marked before entering.
- Both female and male changing/shower rooms are restricted to two people at any one time.
- Facial masks are required on site, including around communal areas and on staircases.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Related link London College of Fashion - High Holborn.
- The route plan covers the journey from Holborn Tube Station to the University building at 272 High Holborn, which contains UAL University Services areas and the London College of Fashion.
Exit the station on to High Holborn
- There is a moderate ramp going down from the station.
Turn right on High Holborn
- The surface is block paving and uneven in places.
- There is a slight gradient going down towards he road.
- The path has a slight slope until you reach New Turnstile.
Continue Along High Holborn
- Past New Turnstile Road there is an easy slope going up, as well as a slight slope going towards the road.
- The surface is block paving that is slightly uneven in places.
- There is also some tactile paving by a pedestrian crossing.
- Along this stretch on High Holborn you will encounter a bus stop.
- It has shelter and seating, and serves 8, 25, 242, 521 and N8.
- There is a moderate slope up to the bus stop.
Continue Along High Holborn
- Pass the bus stop.
- The surface is block paving that is uneven in places.
- There is an easy gradient going towards the road.
Cross the hotel service road
- The service road has dropped kerbs and tactile paving either side.
- The surface of the service road is block paving but cobbled towards the centre.
- There is a moderate slope going down towards the road.
Continue past the hotel
- The surface is slightly uneven block paving with some patches of tarmac.
- The road has a slight incline going down towards the road.
- There is tactile paving by a pedestrian crossing near the entrance to the Holborn Delicatessen.
Cross the service road past the hotel
- There is tactile paving on either side of the road.
- The road is tarmac and has uneven surfaces.
- There is a moderate ramp going down onto the main road.
Continue along High Holborn
- The surface is made up of uneven block paving.
- There is a slight gradient going towards the road.
- The road has a slight slope leading up and then down.
- There are a few manholes before reaching the entrance.
Arrive at 272 High Holborn
- The venue will be on your right.