- The information in this section was taken in October 2020.
- UAL is regularly reviewing all access to buildings and facilities in response to the latest government guidance. Check the updates on the Coronavirus: Important Information page to find out more.
- There have been no changes to parking or the Blue Badge parking bays.
- There are currently no external queuing systems in place.
- All buildings now have entrances and exits via separate doors to assist with social distancing.
- Hand sanitising stations have been installed at entrances, corridors and outside studios.
- There are restrictions on the number of people allowed into service areas at any one time i.e. toilets.
- A one way system has been introduced to assist with social distancing.
- Signage has been introduced to assist with the one way system.
- Wash your hand signs have been placed throughout.
- Protective screens are now in place at the main reception and the library.
- The lifts are limited to one person only.
- Some urinals and cubicles in the toilets have been closed to assist with social distancing.
- Shower cubicles in the new building have been restricted to two people only.
- Staff are located at the main entrance to ensure people sign the track and trace sheets and remind everyone of the one way system.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Services / facilities within the building include studio spaces.
- This building was newly completed at the time of our survey (March 2015). .
- Some procedures, such as whether the lift will be kept locked, had not been finalised.
- Please check with the college for details.
- This building is located to the left of the Reception Building and shares its car park.
- The Blue Badge parking bays are approximately 70m from the building entrance.
- For the campus opening times please click here.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in London.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest National Rail station is Wimbledon / Wimbledon Chase.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- There is not a tram stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest underground station is Wimbledon.
- Note that Wimbledon station is accessible, with lifts/ slopes to platforms.
- Wimbledon Chase station has access by steps only.
Parking (Staff and Blue Badge Parking)
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located in front of the Main Entrance Building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 2 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 365cm x 490cm (11ft 12in x 16ft 1in).
- The nearest designated bay is 14m (15yd 11in) from the Reception Building entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 17m (18yd 1ft) from the Reception Building entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The gate to the car park is normally closed and needs to be unlocked by security staff as required.
- There are on-street pay and display parking bays in the road outside the venue.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building from the courtyard to the left of the Reception Building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open towards you (pull).
- The doors are single width.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The door opening is 98cm (3ft 3in) wide.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located ahead from the main entrance.
- The lift is a platform lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G-1.
- The lift is 20m (21yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Staff do need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 103cm (3ft 5in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 97cm x 139cm (3ft 2in x 4ft 7in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The lift does have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- At the time of our visit a key was required to operate the lift.
- The key is available from the estates team in the Reception Building.
Accessible Toilet (Ground Floor)
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 7m (7yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located to the left of the corridor, ahead after the main entrance.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a lever twist.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The door weight is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 150cm x 275cm (4ft 11in x 9ft).
- Floor manoeuvring space is clear in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 83cm (2ft 9in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- The emergency alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is not a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are mirrors.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 50cm (1ft 8in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is good.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- Accessible shower facilities are available.
- The showers are located to the left after the main entrance.
- The facilities available in the accessible shower are an adjustable shower head, handrails, and a flip down seat.
- The height of the seat is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is level access to the services from the shower facilities.
- The shower has lever controls.
- There is a functional emergency alarm in the shower area.
- There are not coat hooks in the room.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The unisex toilets are located to the left of the ground floor corridor.
- Unisex toilets are 18m (19yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the unisex toilet.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are not located within the venue.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- All the Wimbledon College buildings are fitted with the Deaf Message Service to give emergency evacuation text message warnings.
- Details are available from reception.